KK's Priest

Yes, I'm expecting them to do that too. Hope they will play rare Judas Priest songs. And especially the one of 'Angel Of Retribution'. :)

Is that related to my dream to hear Ripper do ‘Judas is Rising’? It’ll never happen as wiser heads pointed out, but goddamn those screams at the start would be special.

Is that related to my dream to hear Ripper do ‘Judas is Rising’? It’ll never happen as wiser heads pointed out, but goddamn those screams at the start would be special.
I fully agree. Ripper could do them better than Halford when the band toured just after the release of AoR. I consider Ripper as a better live singer compared to Rob Halford. But that's only my personal opinion. ;)

I fully agree. Ripper could do them better than Halford when the band toured just after the release of AoR. I consider Ripper as a better live singer compared to Rob Halford. But that's only my personal opinion. ;)

I think Rob was struggling with his voice around 2005, he actually sounds better and less forced currently, even though it takes a lot of effect.

2005-2009 were the worst years in Rob's career.

I'm gonna see them at Masters of Rock, they were given 1h15, so the setlist is going to be just a bit shorter than their usual headlining set. I'm hoping for more Ripper-era tracks (Hell is Home, Blood Stained, Jugulator...) and it'd be nice if they dropped the songs that Judas Priest plays often. I don't need to hear another performance of The Green Manalishi. I can understand playing Victim of Changes, which is a moment to shine for KK, but Hell Patrol was a part of the 50 Heavy Metal Years Tour setlist.

I expect a good concert anyway, the band sounds tight and Tim might be in his prime now. It's such a shame that he didn't get the fame and respect he deserved.

I expect a good concert anyway, the band sounds tight and Tim might be in his prime now. It's such a shame that he didn't get the fame and respect he deserved.
I like Tim. Really liked the live album Priest did after Jugulator, but Demolition and Jugulator were just not good albums IMO.

Demolition is a horrible record. There are like 2-3 good songs on it, the rest is awful and ridiculously awful. But I really enjoy Jugulator. Could have been better, but there's a bunch of very solid tracks on the album. I really wouldn't mind hearing Bullet Train live, not to mention Cathedral Spires.

Demolition is a horrible record. There are like 2-3 good songs on it, the rest is awful and ridiculously awful. But I really enjoy Jugulator. Could have been better, but there's a bunch of very solid tracks on the album. I really wouldn't mind hearing Bullet Train live, not to mention Cathedral Spires.
Spires was good. Bullet Train sounded better on the album than on '98 Live Meltdown IMO

The best song on 'Jugulator' is "Burn In Hell". And after this one, "Cathedral Spires". "Bullet Train" is at the 3rd place.

I think that the first album is pretty weak, and I was deeply disappointed. But their second album is a lot better. I do agree about the lyrics though.

I think the lyrics thing is really overstated. Yes they’re not great, but they’re serviceable, and almost all metal bands have some dodgy lyrics (including Priest) ranging from the bad to the downright embarrassing.

It just feels like a lazy stick to beat KK with. Very few of our favourite bands lyrics would stand up to scrutiny.

Back