Killers

How good is Killers on a scale of 1-10?

• Total voters
Re: Daily Song: Killers

LooseCannon said:
I won't. I have the US release anyway, but I was intending on using that one. I won't forget Total Eclipse, either

Thanks!

(Since you talk about "release"-info in your replay, again just in case: I was talking about a regular album track, which always comes before Killers on all versions in history, so maybe you are mixing it up with Twilight Zone)

This is one of the best tracks in the entire Maiden catalogue. The bass intro creates a unique, haunting atmosphere that the entire song manages to live up to. It chills you and pumps you up at the same time, which makes it part of the rare breed of songs that only Maiden can do with such perfection. 10/10.

I suppose everything has been said. It's just such a special track, the lyrics are fantastic, continuing with the theme of the album. 10/10

Possibly the best track of this album and easily one of Maidens best intros. This was the first track I heard from this album and it got me pretty excited about it's impending release. 10/10.

I had a lot of old school friends that were into punk (I keep bringing this up - Maiden/Punk/DiAnno) and at the time of its release, there was another band that had a track that was lyrically quite similar: Chron-Gen - Subway Sadists. Upon the many ensuing arguments over the better song, I was the only bugger to defend Killers. If you do listen to that track, pay attention to the bass. :D

It's an excellent early Maiden song, almost up there with Phantom.  I could maybe give it 10, but 10 I reserve for gems such as Rime, and this isn't quite up there.  I quite like Paul's voice here too, and I think he just might be better than Bruce in this song.

8/10. It's a great song and I enjoy the atmosphere in it but it never quite struck me like Murders in the Rue Morgue did.

Forostar said:
Thanks!

(Since you talk about "release"-info in your replay, again just in case: I was talking about a regular album track, which always comes before Killers on all versions in history, so maybe you are mixing it up with Twilight Zone)

Sorry, mate, I cocked up. I missed the song honestly, and I did think you were talking about Twilight Zone. We'll do Innocent Exile next.

This is one of Maiden's hardest rocking songs, with an awesome midpart. In fact, I like the part where Steve does backing vocals the best. Very hard hitting riffs, bass and drums. Unfortunately I feel that the song is a tidy bit too long (they could have left out 1 or 2 of these sections which we have heard already numerous of times), and it doesn't grab me as much as the masterful Genghis Khan which has way more surprises and more melodic strength.

I'd wish to give an 8,5 because I like it less than Purgatory (which I intend to give a 9).
However, an 8 is too low, because, despite my criticism, the strong parts are very strong.

9/10.  This song is one of those that took a while to take a hold on me.  I love the way maniacal vocals go hand in hand with the guitars.  Freaky.  But I still need to read the lyrics along in order to fully understand Paul here.  :D

Don't like it that much. It has some good elements, like the intro and the mid-part, but overall it don't make sense to me. Sorry guys. 6/10

9 out of 10... Perhaps the high water mark in terms of Paul's achievement within Maiden. The whole band is fucking cooking on this track, but Di'anno comes through with a vocal savageness that outshines everything. I am always struck, when watching footage of this number, at just how hard the lads are working...

Prowler_108 said:
Fucking awesome...only docked a point because I'm not big on the bridge. 9
really? that's my favorite part. 10

Back