Kevin Shirley is mixing more Maiden..

Raising Hell got an official DVD release, Live at Donington has not.

I seem to recall it was released on DVD by some Korean company or something, but not officially by Iron Maiden or EMI/PMI, as far as I know.
Maybe that's the one mosh is referring to.

I own the Raising Hell DVD, lookin' at it right now.

Released by BMG Special Products/BMG Entertainment (a former German company now owned by Sony), ATV Media Group, printed in USA. Doesn't look 100% official, but doesn't look like a bootleg, either. :confused:

-
I own the Raising Hell DVD, lookin' at it right now.

Released by BMG Special Products/BMG Entertainment (a former German company now owned by Sony), ATV Media Group, printed in USA. Doesn't look 100% official, but doesn't look like a bootleg, either. :confused:
Yup, that's what I have. BMG is the same company that distributed the VHS, so it's definitely not a bootleg. My guess is that Maiden didn't bother to get the rights for it and the DVD release was out of their control. This is actually pretty common; for example, lots of DVDs distributed by Eagle Rock are being re-released on Blu-Ray without any control from the artists. It's not a huge deal and most of the bands seem fine with it. Most advertise it on their websites/facebook pages/etc, also, I remember the Raising Hell DVD being listed on the older version of the official site.

So yes, an official Raising Hell DVD exists, a Donington DVD does not.

I don't remember it was on the official site. I believe you if you say so, though. If the band didn't care to have rights, then they could be ashamed of the magic show, or didn't want to remember it because it was Bruce's goodbye gig.

Last edited:
I don't remember seeing it on the official site either, but good research about the rest nonetheless.
Upon further reading on the web it seems it was released in the US some years ago. Donington is also out there, not close to an official thing, but still easily obtainable. That is, if you think Raising Hell is such a "meh-fest".

I don't remember it was on the official site. I believe you if you say so, though. If the band didn't care to have rights, then they could be ashamed of the magic show, or didn't want to remember it because it was Bruce's goodbye gig.
My guess is that they just didn't think they'd need all the rights for it. DVD wasn't a thing yet so obviously they didn't have a re-release in mind. Probably more convenient that another company releases it for them.

I don't know what you're talking about. How could they be ashamed of that? It was a metal magic show. It was unique, one of a kind.

Lots of bands have been premiering their stuff on TV before putting it on DVD lately. My guess is that Maiden is following that trend.

Christmas special - that would explain all the talk on stage about having a roast in the oven.

Back