Kevin Shirley is mixing more Maiden..

Taken from the Caveman's FB page this morning (2Oct) ...

"Leave Munich for L.A. tomorrow - and on to Iron Maiden mixing for the next couple of weeks!"

Most likely a Maiden England 2013 live album but perhaps Kevin is tinkering with an AMOLAD stage one tour recording...?

Of course it's Maiden England, probably the Donington gig (or perhaps Rock In Rio).

It's been too long, it won't be released. Or it will after they retire, as bonus DVD for AMOL&D re-release.

Why release Maiden England 13 after recently re-releasing Maiden England? Absolute overkill and why I speculate. But to redirect the topic, Kevin Shirley is mixing Maiden again...always exciting times waiting to find out what the project is, where the recording took place, how the solos will turn out, if Bruce's banter will contain iconic lines like "doctor, Long Beach f**ked up my hearing for good", release date etc.

Why release Somewhere Back In Time Live after recently re-releasing Live After Death ?

Which just happened to have almost the exact same playlist, from the Somewhere Back in Time Tour.

Flight 666 is no precedent as it was unique: a soundtrack documenting the band's Ed Force One Journey to many parts of the globe they had not visited in many years, if ever, and cities never included in a live Maiden album. If you're referring to the SBIT greatest hits album..I hope Caveman isnt wasting time on a remix of something similar. AMOLAD I say!! :)

Last edited:
I have constructed a highly scientific formula, rid of all possible forms of speculation, to come up with the answer.
This GOT to be something for the Maiden England tour.

Watch this:

A. Somewhere Back in Time Tour --> DVD (A leads to A-DVD)
B. Final Frontier Tour --> DVD (B leads to B-DVD)
C. Maiden England Tour --> DVD (C leads to C-DVD)

Yes!

My additional thoughts are a bit like a mix of all of you: Kevin Shirley has been giving vague updates for years, so he could be busy with a big compilation project, based on recordings of various tours. (And a release called A Matter of Life and Bread with a cover of Eddie breaking the bread in Last Supper style is still not ruled out of all possibilities)

Last edited:
The more of these threads I read, & the more speculation & ideas I read --the less I think Maiden have any plan whatsoever, or that there is any pattern to how they release stuff...

This might've been mentioned before, but I think a Donington box set thing would be cool. We know they have some '88 footage, the whole '92 concert, the whole '07 concert, and now the entire '13 concert. Very unlike them to release something like that, but combined with all the extra goodies (including History Part 4) I think these would make up a pretty awesome package.

My brain is exploding from the speculation.

If this mixing is for a new live album, I think we can all bet that they'll be doing one for the last tour. It makes no sense that they would release an album from a gig in 2007, or 2005, etc. etc.

On the plus side, if they announce a live album based on one of the recent gigs, we can all stop speculating about a continuation of the tour. :D

I'd be happy for any release regardless if I have heard the songs umpteen times before.
Personally, I'd expect it to be a standalone DVD/CD release of the RiR concert though which will suit me fine as it looked and sounded like a great gig. And it will surely sound even better after Shirley!
I suppose my thinking behind this is that Rod likes to show off "his" band on a big stage with a big crowd.
But again............ Speculation!

Back