Kevin Shirley is mixing more Maiden..

More cause for speculation....

Do you think they could tie us all over to 2015/2016 purely on the back of rumour and speculation?

Tony Newton, Maiden's recording engineer, said on Facebook and Twitter that he was recording the band in Sao Paolo and Rio.

I thought he records every show. That is his job in the Killer Crew isn't it?
Post was made on Sept 18 from the UK, so I guess after Voodoo Six ended their run with Maiden he went home. In addition, we know Kevin Shirley was at both the Sao Paolo and Rio gigs as well (and Donington, for that matter).

I'm betting we get a DVD from one of those three gigs.

Nothing, it's just that I'd rather see Maiden cover the globe with their DVD releases and I think we've been saturated with Maiden and their crazy South American fans recently. I'm sure the South Americans disagree though.

I understand. It might have something to do with the fact that South American shows are so much bigger and passionate than other regions? I'm not sure about anywhere else, but audiences in the US are very hit or miss.

A live release from Japan would be neat, they haven't done one of those in over 30 years.

EDIT: I guess they'd have to play Japan first, which apparently (after some research) they haven't done since 2008!

I don't care where they record the DVD. The only time I ever notice the crowd is if it's SA anyway.

Nothing, it's just that I'd rather see Maiden cover the globe with their DVD releases and I think we've been saturated with Maiden and their crazy South American fans recently. I'm sure the South Americans disagree though.

I agree with this. I know it doesn't really matter where the show is recorded..but third release from a South American gig? What about some variety?

What about filming a show in ..I don't know, Moscow? Sweden? Istanbul, Turkey?, Las Vegas?

I hope that it isn't a Maiden England 2013 show. The setlist, whilst brilliant for those that attended the shows, is too similar to other live material already released. And given that the Rio show was broadcast around the world, and available in many formats all over the web, I can't see it being a commercial success (I personally believe that this is the reason why Ullevi never received a commercial release).

Regardless of whether it is next in line or not, I really want to see an AMOLAD DVD release. That tour was completely different to anything that they had done before (or since!). It deserves a DVD release.

If we haven't seen a DVD from 2007/8 already then I'm not convinced we ever will so if we do have another new live DVD/CD on the way then it will surely be from this year. I don't get it though. We have Beast Over Hammersmith, Live After Death, Maiden England 88 and perhaps the Donington 92 show, so why the need for live releases with the old material again? I get the idea of doing a couple of live releases with material from 'Brave New World' onwards, but do we need 'Maiden England: revisited'?

Back