Judas Priest

This doesn't entirely fill me with hope, as Priest have had a little problem with excess on their last few albums so this could lead to a bit of directionless meandering or overly bloated songs. But, I have faith.
Excess in the longer songs? Well, the longest song in the last 2 albums is 6 minutes long. The long songs are not ''thier thing'', but if they do them right then usually the result is great. Yeah, in the last few albums there are some parts in some long songs (only in Firepower I have no remarks) I don't like, but at the same time, my favorite songs from those albums are mostly the longer songs.

Excess in the longer songs? Well, the longest song in the last 2 albums is 6 minutes long. The long songs are not ''thier thing'', but if they do them right then usually the result is great. Yeah, in the last few albums there are some parts in some long songs (only in Firepower I have no remarks) I don't like, but at the same time, my favorite songs from those albums are mostly the longer songs.

Not so much in the songs, more in the albums as a whole. Nostradamus, Redeemer of Souls (even without the bonus disc) and Firepower all could've benefitted from being trimmed down a little*. Seemed like they were just throwing everything into the album without it really being "necessary", I'd be curious to hear if these new songs come across the same.

*While there's nothing in Firepower I dislike, I think cutting it down to 10 songs could've made it a tighter listen.

Not so much in the songs, more in the albums as a whole.
I can agree with that, especially about Nostradamus. About Redeemer Of Souls, the album could have been stronger with just 9-10 songs (plus ''Tears Of Blood'', ofc), but I like that all songs represent different styles of the band. From Firepower, I think the songs that could have been left out are ''Flame Thrower'', ''Lone Wolf'' and maybe ''Children Of The Sun''.

I can agree with that, especially about Nostradamus. About Redeemer Of Souls, the album could have been stronger with just 9-10 songs (plus ''Tears of Blood'', ofc), but I like that all songs represent different styles of the band. From Firepower, I think the songs that could have been left out are ''Flame Thrower'', ''Lone Wolf'' and maybe ''Children Of The Sun''.
Those are exactly the ones I would have trimmed from Firepower.

I love Lone Wolf, it reminds me of Black Sabbath. But I agree with Flame Thrower and Children of the Sun, they're weak compared to the rest of the album.
Big Black Sabbath vibe, yeah. The song is not one of my favorites, but the riff, chorus and harmony after the solo are very good. I said ''Children Of The Sun'' mainly because the calm middle part sounds like the calm middle part of ''Evil Never Dies''. It's a song they can write anytime.
Flame Thrower is the only song on the album I would consider to be bad.
I agree. It has a great slide solo. This is a song that could fit in the Point Of Entry album.

I doubt there will be a Reunion with KK, but still:

Rob: ''I think we should let the music speak for itself, really, because as you'll see from the performance — you'll see that all of that other stuff is irrelevant. All the things that have been said and suggested just float off into the air. What matters is what's going down on that stage at that time you're performing together. And there he is on my right-hand side. It just felt like he was always there''.

Not looking good for a Judas Priest reunion. Seems more like KK was respecting boundaries more than anything alluded to in the article and podcast.

...And mister Halford did it! Yet Maiden boys remain silent in Ivory Towers. Clearly doesn't want to alienate it's Mordor fans. Such a shame, if you ask me.

Is it right to believe
In the need to be free
It's a time when you die
And without asking why
Can't you see what they do
They are grinding us down
They are taking our land
That belongs to the clans

Not alone with a dream
Just a want to be free
With a need to belong
I am a clansman