Judas Priest

I would like to see KK and Faulkner in the band. Faulkner has been there long enough and recorded two albums with them, he’s one of the guitarists not a hired gun. If KK can’t deal with that, tough. Keep Faulkner.
I agree. That would be the best decision (even a dream). Their styles would complement each other great. KK had said that he had no problem playing with Richie (and playing songs from Redeemer/Firepower albums), iirc. But I think he finally moved on with his new band and sadly some of the birdges were burned over the years.

Btw, I think KK said in his book (or was in some interview) that the 2 albums without him are very good, but he prefers the styles/sound of the old albums?

Man, seeing KK back in the band is something else. I love Andy but it would be great with a Faulkner/Downing lineup.

I'd prefer things to stay as they are, KK is a bad apple. He'd inevitably start complaining and sulking and that's not what the band needs in its final years. Also he doesn't deserve it because of his behaviour over the last 11 years.

The upcoming album presents a few issues too. I can't see KK being happy with rejoining the band and not having his name on their new album, but would he be able to slot himself into the recording process? He'd likely want to contribute some songwriting ideas too, would the band be comfortable with that?

It’s an interesting thought and I wouldn’t mind hearing some Ripper songs, but

- KK has no leverage. He’ll play on their terms or not at all imo.
- The last two albums are way more well known than the two Ripper albums at this point. It’s not a fair comparison.
Most likely would be a bad move on KK's part. More of a pipe dream of mine to hear some Ripper tunes live.

Awesome performance, and great show with the metal sparks.

A video message from Les and KK.

Some pictures from the official KK's FB public profile.

314909350_10167074734220061_6849251519761653624_n.jpg
314012242_10167074736975061_136316162056929688_n.jpg
313101019_645862833698338_8526752780064407619_n.jpg

Great to see KK with the band again. The metal factory stage with flames was cool. Just 8 minutes for a live performance is not enough, they should have played 3 full songs. It was great that Richie was allowed to play as well.

The sogns were:

''You've Got Another Thing Comin'''
''Breaking The Law'' (solo by KK)
''Living After Midnight (solo by Glenn)

KK was with the most lively stage presence. There was no stage interaction between him and Glenn, only with Richie and Rob.

Here are some photos and a close-up video plus speech:

Attachments

• kk, richie and rob.jpg
    kk, richie and rob.jpg
    144.6 KB · Views: 6
  • kk and richie.jpg
    kk and richie.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 8
  • kk and rob.png
    kk and rob.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 4
Richie has said that anything is possible and I think that the rest of the band isn't really against the idea to have KK back in the band. At least on stage to replace Glen, putting Andy in the studio...
Richie is right, but I'm not sure about that. And KK will also want to write songs for sure (not only live shows).
I'd prefer things to stay as they are, KK is a bad apple. He'd inevitably start complaining and sulking and that's not what the band needs in its final years. Also he doesn't deserve it because of his behaviour over the last 11 years.
You prefer the band on stage with Andy? Both sides have guilt and KK shouldn't have said some things, but Bruce has also said some bad things about Maiden after his departure. Of course, it was much worse with KK (letters and everything), but the attitude towards him was also nasty.

Last edited:
Back