Judas Priest

If this really is a money thing and they are that hard up I know a sure fire way to boost ticket sales, but they are petty af and won’t do it….bring back KK.

Reactions: Yax
Just wanted to say, I've been listening to KK's Priest debut more lately, and it has really grown on me. I'd put it about half a star behind Firepower.
I listened to it and tbh I can't really get into it. I like the Sentinel song. There's some good music on there but the lyrics on some of the songs are pretty damn cheesy. He's definitely trying to out-Priest Priest.

I don't understand why they don't want to pay touring costs for some no-name guitarist. Are they that broke?

Only thing that makes sense to me is a Faulkner power grab as I said earlier. Presumably if they are recording a new album then Glenn won't be on it, because let's be under no illusion, he's barely on Firepower, in fact I'd easily believe he's not on it at all. So I presume this is Faulkner putting Sneap in his box for the studio album, i.e. we're a four piece now only Richie plays on the new album.

Only thing that makes sense to me is a Faulkner power grab as I said earlier. Presumably if they are recording a new album then Glenn won't be on it, because let's be under no illusion, he's barely on Firepower, in fact I'd easily believe he's not on it at all. So I presume this is Faulkner putting Sneap in his box for the studio album, i.e. we're a four piece now only Richie plays on the new album.

Call me a cynic, but my money is on the Glenn hologram.

He is definitely on there. You can tell by his solos. How much rhytm guitars? No idea.

Ozzy will let them his new guitar player for free along with the use of his teleprompter. Run Scott Travis you're the next

Only thing that makes sense to me is a Faulkner power grab as I said earlier.

Maybe and maybe no. Although Firepower is the peak of his career I don't believe he would steer such an institution to his own path. Maybe it has to do with 50 years of metal thing that they've already planned and need to contractually go through.

Glenn and Jayne Andrews have been the power couple of Judas Priest for decades, and Rob obviously weilds influence as well. Glenn wanted Andy to play guitar and that's what instantly happened. Now Andy does not get to play guitar anymore. Would that have happened if Glenn wasn't onboard with it? Unlikely.

Glenn and Jayne Andrews have been the power couple of Judas Priest for decades, and Rob obviously weilds influence as well. Glenn wanted Andy to play guitar and that's what instantly happened. Now Andy does not get to play guitar anymore. Would that have happened if Glenn wasn't onboard with it? Unlikely.
What if their plan from the start was to be a 4-piece band... I mean, Andy is a producer of their latest album and when they had to find someone for the supporting tour he was the quickest and easiest choice, because he is also a guitarist. He said that this always was a temporary situatuion. Although when they announced that Andy will do the 50th Anniversary tour too, I thought he will stay as long as necessary. And let's not forget that in the last two albums most of the solos are played by Richie.

I think their latest move is clearly a money thing... Let's be objective, Priest, unlike Maiden, popularity wise is going down. Andy Sneap stated that he was very upset with Priest's decision, he was on board, regarding upcoming tour. In this whole situation is one very sensitive moment. Glenn Tipton. He didn't retired, but he can't tour. I wonder if he's getting money from touring. (I am bringing this topic purely from business perspective. I wish him health.) If he receives his share from live shows... Then Priest is a sixtet on stage (Andy fills for Glenn, yet Glenn receives money albeit not performing himself) So, as a band, Priest is in a very difficult situation. There's no easy way out. If my speculation is true, one way to solve problem, would be Glenn's retirement. The band must try to solve the differences with Ken, and bring him back, to have at least one guitarist from golden era. And by such move hopefully to improve bands image in the eyes of fans and to stop it's popularity declining. As we know, KK pissed some bandmembers off... So, tarnishing of the bands legacy will continue.
Myself, I still hope they bring KK the Whinner back :ninja:

Sorry for my English.

Last edited:

01. Battle Hymn/One Shot At Glory
02. Lightning Strike
03. You've Got Another Thing Comin'
04. Freewheel Burning
05. Turbo Lover
06. Hell Patrol
07. The Sentinel
08. A Touch Of Evil
09. Rocka Rolla