Judas Priest

Wow. Just when you think this band has hit rock bottom and completely delegitimized itself. Judas Priest is such a joke.

I hate to say it, because the guy is a real clown, but it does seem like bringing back KK would be the only option that would provide some level of validity to the current lineup.

Agreed.They should bring KK back or get "Metal Mike" Chlasciak from Halford band, he knows the songs already.

As a big Priest fan I don't think one guitar will work live, it won't sound right. Priest is known for their twin guitar attack.

Their ticket sales will suffer even more if they stick with a 4-piece line up.

Andy has released a statement to BLABBERMOUTH.NET in which he said that he wasn't involved in PRIEST's decision to carry on as a quartet
If Sneap didn’t want to step away from the tour, then this pretty much has to be a money issue, right? What other credible reason could they have for dropping the second guitarist…?

If Sneap didn’t want to step away from the tour, then this pretty much has to be a money issue, right? What other credible reason could they have for dropping the second guitarist…?
A sudden Tipton ego burst, or the relationship with Andy has soured (or both)? I mean, there must be other means to save cash.

There is no reason that makes sense though. This is by far, the worst decision Priest have ever made , and they have quite a few on their backs.

LED walls aren't cheap though, and theirs is looking pretty good.
Okay, so they put a 6 foot LED wall stage left front with a prerecorded video of Glenn (de-aged to his prime) playing all of the songs (which will of course be a track from the records or Richie dubbing over himself).

KK: "They replaced me with a producer...and then with a video screen the twats...it is what it is, innit?"

From what I've seen so far on the largest Priest Facebook fan page the response is overwhelmingly negative. Not surprising at all.

I’m surprised nobody has mentioned this yet, at least not on here, but do you think it had anything to do with the visual presentation? There were a lot of criticisms online about how Sneap looked awkward on stage. I wouldn’t be surprised if on stage presentation is more important to the band than the music at this point, even if they’re also really cheap about their stage productions. Maybe they felt that Sneap wasn’t really contributing much from a stage presence point of view. It would make a bit of sense, when I saw them with Sneap it was pretty clear that Faulkner was the guitar player. They may as well have been a four piece on visuals alone.

I’m surprised nobody has mentioned this yet, at least not on here, but do you think it had anything to do with the visual presentation? There were a lot of criticisms online about how Sneap looked awkward on stage. I wouldn’t be surprised if on stage presentation is more important to the band than the music at this point, even if they’re also really cheap about their stage productions. Maybe they felt that Sneap wasn’t really contributing much from a stage presence point of view. It would make a bit of sense, when I saw them with Sneap it was pretty clear that Faulkner was the guitar player. They may as well have been a four piece on visuals alone.
Considering Rob looks like he’s frequently about to trip on his own feet and Ian never leaves a 3 foot box, I would find this immensely petty on their part.

It also sounded like he left by his own choice, until he commented otherwise.
Right, but he himself said “we’re moving forward with the new album” and the band said he’s still “part of the production team”.

Right, but he himself said “we’re moving forward with the new album” and the band said he’s still “part of the production team”.
He probably is, but Priest are generally even less truthful about things than Maiden circa reunion. I wouldn't be surprised if all isn't said and done yet.

Power grab from Faulkner?

I've begun to step away from Priest when Halford copyrighted the Metal God stuff: I thought this was pure nonsense and proved the guy was out of this mind. Now this. Someone compared this move to Maiden continuing without Steve. This would be pure heresy, but Maiden could at least try to find someone trying to sound like Steve, to approach his sound. Priest on the other way will diminish themselves, mutilate their sound and their own songs. It's really hard for old bands to bow out gracefully. Motörhead suffered a slow death, Ozzy is just a shadow of his former self, AC/DC are brain dead. Hell.

I've begun to step away from Priest when Halford copyrighted the Metal God stuff: I thought this was pure nonsense and proved the guy was out of this mind. Now this. Someone compared this move to Maiden continuing without Steve. This would be pure heresy, but Maiden could at least try to find someone trying to sound like Steve, to approach his sound. Priest on the other way will diminish themselves, mutilate their sound and their own songs. It's really hard for old bands to bow out gracefully. Motörhead suffered a slow death, Ozzy is just a shadow of his former self, AC/DC are brain dead. Hell.

You make a very valid point about old bands not being able to bow out gracefully (I dread to think what Maiden will end up doing in 3 years time).

I’d say that AC/DC have (partially) redeemed themselves with Power Up though. Pretty good swan song if it ends up being their last album.

Back