Judas Priest

So Sneap is back in. I think they need to really look hard at their decision making processes as they’re appearing really dysfunctional. They’ve clearly seen their career disappearing down the plug hole and have panicked.

I mean, they're still selling tickets, they sold a lot of albums not too long ago (got a lot of streams, whatever). I think there's a bit of a weird decision making bubble they're inside, and it's hard to see the outside. There was a lot of backlash originally against Andy when he joined, and it took a whole tour before people accepted him as, if not a writing member of the band, someone who could really do the work on stage and helped the band perform.

I doubt they're that strapped that it was a true financial decision. It just feels like somehow they got the idea that people didn't want Andy and they didn't want to go find a full time replacement for Glenn.

I think they need to really look hard at their decision making processes as they’re appearing really dysfunctional. They’ve clearly seen their career disappearing down the plug hole and have panicked.
Yeah, this was an easily avoidable, self-inflicted PR disaster. Who knows what they were thinking. At least they did the necessary damage control.

To me it looks like a planned pr move, to create buzz and gain attention. Just think how many fans now will go "O my gosh, I need to see show of theirs. With two guitars!"

To me it looks like a planned pr move, to create buzz and gain attention. Just think how many fans now will go "O my gosh, I need to see show of theirs. With two guitars!"
Priest have a history of bad decision making. This was not a PR move. Thank H the shitstorm got real and changed their minds.

So Sneap is back in. I think they need to really look hard at their decision making processes as they’re appearing really dysfunctional. They’ve clearly seen their career disappearing down the plug hole and have panicked.

Interesting but.... WTF.

My theory is that Priest thought everybody would be happy to see Richie alone, then upon seeing the backlash they realised the only option that would've gained them any credibility back was KK, so they called Andy back.

What I find most baffling is why they framed Andy for the decision to be a four-piece and why they didn't want him in the first place.

Comment under Blabbermouth article. Simon Garrett:
"Clever marketing. They have drummed up plenty of publicity, and the outcome is that the fans almost look at the u-turn as a reunion, which always sells extra tickets."

Even if it was not planned per se, this whole situation is sickening. Remember, on 50-th anniversary tour, there will be none of the original guitarists. Yet fans are looking at this whole mess as a victory. Band acts disgusting.

Back