Judas Priest

Wow. Just when you think this band has hit rock bottom and completely delegitimized itself. Judas Priest is such a joke.

I hate to say it, because the guy is a real clown, but it does seem like bringing back KK would be the only option that would provide some level of validity to the current lineup.

It was inevitable. Andy Sneap is a producer, not a rock star. His assignment was only supposed to be temporary but with the never ending Ozzy tour postponements and further postponements because of COVID-19, all of their 50th anniversary plans have gone out the window. I suspect Sneap expected he'd be out by now.

As for KK well, he'd have to abandon his new solo band wouldn't he? And since he's been shit talking Priest will they want him back or just find another replacement?

Going as a four piece is a terrible idea.

Priest needs to hang it up. Firepower was great. Let that be the legacy.

The band that "originated" the twin guitar lineup touring with only a single guitarist is absolute lunacy. It's not good for the band, it's not good for the fans, it's not good for the shows. Are they going to pipe in harmony parts? Will there just not be any harmony parts?

This is ridiculous.

KK's return would be hilarious. He starts a new band to show he doesn't need Priest, then immediately ditches said band when Priest want him back.

So this has just got more baffling…

Andy has released a statement to BLABBERMOUTH.NET in which he said that he wasn't involved in PRIEST's decision to carry on as a quartet and thanked the Rob Halford-fronted outfit for the "mind-blowing" opportunity to share the stage with one of his favorite bands.

Sneap said: "Rob called me last Monday and said they wanted to move on as a four-piece, which I find incredibly disappointing after this amount of time but I respect his decision as they obviously have a vision how they want this to play out.

"This always was a temporary situation, and like I've said before, I'll always help the band any way I can, and that applies going forward also," he continued.

"I've been a huge fan of the band since the early '80s and it was mind-blowing to play onstage with the guys and quite frankly terrifying in the beginning at such short notice.

"We are moving forward with the new album next month and look forward to making a killer follow-up to 'Firepower'," he added.

This is all so weird. Seems like the members of Priest don't really communicate while making decisions. Not that Andy would have any say in those decisions anyway, but it recalls many other moments in their past where poor decisions were made due to a complete lack of communication.

How the hell they are they going to be “even more powerful”? Is this Rob’s way of sticking it to KK? We’d rather have just one guitar player than have you back? This is a joke. Considering refunding my tix. I think I have that option as this is a rescheduled date.

I'm not on board with this at all. I've been somewhat okay with them not inviting KK back, but this? Hell no.

Just hire a studio musician. Yeah, you'll have to give them some money, but not as much as someone like Sneap who technically has a name. Hire a studio musician, pay them like a hired gun, move on. Who cares who they are.

One guitar for Judas Priest is pure idiocy. Hell, Maiden could loan them Janick for the year!

This seems silly for a dual guitar band to tour as a 4-piece when Richie’s partner is the daughter of guitar maestro George Lynch, who is already on record saying he’d love to be Priest’s touring guitarist. It would take just about zero effort to solve this problem in an exciting way.

This is turning into a bad/sad joke.

Reactions: Yax
So this has just got more baffling…

Andy has released a statement to BLABBERMOUTH.NET in which he said that he wasn't involved in PRIEST's decision to carry on as a quartet and thanked the Rob Halford-fronted outfit for the "mind-blowing" opportunity to share the stage with one of his favorite bands.

Sneap said: "Rob called me last Monday and said they wanted to move on as a four-piece, which I find incredibly disappointing after this amount of time but I respect his decision as they obviously have a vision how they want this to play out.

"This always was a temporary situation, and like I've said before, I'll always help the band any way I can, and that applies going forward also," he continued.

"I've been a huge fan of the band since the early '80s and it was mind-blowing to play onstage with the guys and quite frankly terrifying in the beginning at such short notice.

"We are moving forward with the new album next month and look forward to making a killer follow-up to 'Firepower'," he added.

Always a gentleman, Mr. Andy Sneap.
Hell, Maiden could loan them Janick for the year!
Hell did loan them Andy already, but Maiden loaning Janick is a great idea.

I feel a bit empty inside. This is close to the situation if Maiden were to carry on without Steve. One. Guitarist.

RIP Judas Priest?

Last edited:
Back