Judas Priest

It almost feels like they were thinking of me while picking the setlist. Well, the tour was meant to start in Helsinki last year, after all.

Goddamn that is a hell of a setlist. “One Shot at Glory” has never been played before and they opened the fucking set with it??? Jesus CHRIST.

Last edited by a moderator:
Goddamn that is a hell of a setlist. “One Shot at Glory” has never been played before and they opened the fucking set with it??? Jesus CHRIST.
my thoughts exactly. I couldn't imagine going to see Priest and hearing Battle Hymn over the PA. I can't believe they actually did it! In about 3 weeks time they'll play their first American show. Very curious to see if any changes are going to be made.

Judas Priest just finished their set at Bloodstock. Absolutely NUTTY choices in the setlist. I think this is the greatest Priest setlist I've ever seen. I hope they play this set when I see them this year:

E2nyHTu.png

ABSOLUTELY INSANE OPENING! I would've lost my mind if I was there seeing that for the first time. Live debut of One Shot at Glory. Absolute rocker that one. After that it's just great choice after great choice. There's a real emphasis on the Painkiller album it seems, which is awesome. All Guns Blazing was dropped for Hell Patrol (a respectable choice). Glad to see Firepower representation in Lightning Strike! I was hoping that one or the title track or maybe even No Surrender would return. Rocka Rolla is a super interesting choice. I've always loved that song but hated the album. What I'm most excited for is by far is A TOUCH OF EVIL!! For a long time that was my favorite Priest song. The atmosphere and just everything on there is spellbinding. I'm gonna lose my mind seeing that live in October (fingers crossed it sticks around).

Other than that, Dissident Aggressor is great 70's Priest (Judas Priest in their 70's playing songs from the 70's, lol) Glad to see Blood Red Skies, Painkiller, and Metal Gods too.
The stage design looks good too Certainly better than the stage set for the previous tour.

Metal factory! The Priest sign is above the stage and the big video screen is outlined great.
Finally! - One Shot At Glory :yey: This is a top 10 song for me... and they open the concert with it - I need to see this tour.

They kept one song from Firepower (Lightning Strikes), which is good - Sea Of Red would have been epic...

The run of Hell Patrol/Halls Of Valhalla/The Sentinel is pure greatness!

Blood Red Skies is a pleasant surprise.

A Touch Of Evil and Desert Plains are songs which I like a lot.

Exciter and Dissident Aggressor are a nice additions.

Rocka Rolla is not a surprise, since Richie always wanted to try it live. Probably the best song from the debut album.

I didn't expect Invader though. Odd choice.

The usual classic are mandatory.

Btw, it seems they also played Hell Bent For Leather - 21 songs setlist!

Overall, it's a great setlist for a 50th Anniversary Tour, covering almost all their albums. I'm sure they will change songs during the tour - I hope for a song from Nostradamus, maybe something from AOR or even one song from the Ripper albums.

As for songs - Battle Cry, Reckless, Ram It Down, Rock Hard Ride Free, Genocide, Nostradamus...

Some footage:

*Rob is with a sword on stage for Blood Red Skies!

Judas Priest just finished their set at Bloodstock. Absolutely NUTTY choices in the setlist. I think this is the greatest Priest setlist I've ever seen. I hope they play this set when I see them this year:

E2nyHTu.png

ABSOLUTELY INSANE OPENING! I would've lost my mind if I was there seeing that for the first time. Live debut of One Shot at Glory. Absolute rocker that one. After that it's just great choice after great choice. There's a real emphasis on the Painkiller album it seems, which is awesome. All Guns Blazing was dropped for Hell Patrol (a respectable choice). Glad to see Firepower representation in Lightning Strike! I was hoping that one or the title track or maybe even No Surrender would return. Rocka Rolla is a super interesting choice. I've always loved that song but hated the album. What I'm most excited for is by far is A TOUCH OF EVIL!! For a long time that was my favorite Priest song. The atmosphere and just everything on there is spellbinding. I'm gonna lose my mind seeing that live in October (fingers crossed it sticks around).

Other than that, Dissident Aggressor is great 70's Priest (Judas Priest in their 70's playing songs from the 70's, lol) Glad to see Blood Red Skies, Painkiller, and Metal Gods too.

This just compounds my hype even more. I'll be seeing them in October on the San Antonio, Dallas, and Austin dates. Was going to try to make the OKC show too but that drive from Dallas to OKC was a bit long so I decided to go see Testament that Saturday instead.
Me and my buddy plan on going to Priest in Dallas Friday & Testament in Austin next night (if the shows aren't cancelled due to Covid resurgence)

Les Binks is featured (Simon Phillips as well) in a top 100 drummers list. I noticed several big omissions in this list, but it is nice to see some credit for Binks!

100: Les Binks​

Northern Ireland-born drummer Les Binks is best known for his time with Judas Priest, after he joined them on their 1977 world tour, following a spell with Eric Burdon. He brought a complicated, jazz-tinged style to the band and starred on their studio albums Stained Class (co-writing the song “Beyond The Realms Of Death”) and Killing Machine, as well as a live album from Japan, Unleashed In The East. Binks was still going strong in his late 60s. In 2018, the drummer performed classic Judas Priest songs live with a new band called Les Binks’ Priesthood.
Check out: “Beyond The Realms Of Death”

Me and my buddy plan on going to Priest in Dallas Friday & Testament in Austin next night (if the shows aren't cancelled due to Covid resurgence)
Nice!! I wouldn't mind grabbing a drink if you're around. I got lawn seats for that Dallas show.

I really don't mind only 2 songs from the last thirty years. I honestly wasn't sure if they were going to play anything from Firepower (since they just got off that tour). I would REALLY, REALLY like to see Battle Cry and Reckless one day. I know that Ritchie has teased Reckless quite a bit in his livestreams/instagram.

Really insanely solid setlist though. Also yes Kalata is right, I saw performance on YouTube of Hell Bent For Leather too (not on setlist last I checked). Unsure of where in the setlist it is. In 2019 it was at the start of the encore I think (Hell Bent/Breaking the Law/Midnight).

Last edited:
I really don't mind only 2 songs from the last thirty years. I honestly wasn't sure if they were going to play anything from Firepower (since they just got off that tour). I would REALLY, REALLY like to see Battle Cry and Reckless one day. I know that Ritchie has teased Reckless quite a bit in his livestreams/instagram.

Really insanely solid setlist though. Also yes Kalata is right, I saw performance on YouTube of Hell Bent For Leather too (not on setlist last I checked). Unsure of where in the setlist it is. In 2019 it was at the start of the encore I think (Hell Bent/Braking the Law/Midnight).

Yeah I wasn't giving you stick at all, I was just having a laugh at the fact Maiden would be crucified for a similar setlist. It would definitely be a set I would enjoy from Priest.

Really insanely solid setlist though. Also yes Kalata is right, I saw performance on YouTube of Hell Bent For Leather too (not on setlist last I checked). Unsure of where in the setlist it is. In 2019 it was at the start of the encore I think (Hell Bent/Breaking the Law/Midnight).
Hell Bent For Leather is placed in the set right before the 3 encores (Metal Gods, BTL, LAM).

Btw, I totally expected a song from Firepower... from ROS too. Sadly no songs from Nostradamus (so far).
Someone post #1 video when it appears.
-> Richie plays with white/blue V guitar. :rocker:

Back