Judas Priest

I am new to Priest so I dont know all the songs. Can someone compared this setlist with Maiden? How uniqe this set will look if we put Maiden songs, uniqe like they play ATG?

The fans have been screaming for OSAG for 30 years. Blood Red Skies, which they brought back now, was played during the Epitaph Tour 10 years ago and had been requested for decades prior to that . Rocka Rolla hasn't been played since 1975. Invaders made is debut. Dissident Agressor was brought out in 2008-2009, but had been unplayed for 30 years before that. On the Firepower tour they brought out Saints in Hell from 1977's Sin after Sin, which had never been played either.

Priest have done really well since the reunion with Rob in regards to rareties, definitely better than Maiden, and since Tipton (almost completely) retired from the live side, they are rotating stuff mid tour.

Last edited:
The fans have been screaming for OSAG for 30 years. Blood Red Skies, which they brought back now, was played during the Epitaph Tour 10 years ago and had been requested for decades prior to that . Rocka Rolla hasn't been played since 1975. Invaders made is debut. Dissident Agressor was brought out in 2008-2009, but had been unplayed for 30 years before that. On the Firepower tour they brought out Saints in Hell from 1977's Sin after Sin, which had never been played either.

Priest have done really well since the reunion with Rob in regards to rareties, definitely better than Maiden, and since Tipton (almost completely) retired from the live side, they are rotating stuff mid tour.

They will definitely rotate songs during the tour. Reckless and Genocide(Unleashed version) will get played, Richie played those a lot during his livestreams in the past year.

Last edited:
I am new to Priest so I dont know all the songs. Can someone compared this setlist with Maiden? How uniqe this set will look if we put Maiden songs, uniqe like they play ATG?
A rough comparison:
  • "One Shot At Glory" - one of their greatest songs, never played live before. Probably equivalent to Maiden playing "Alexander the Great" (and they started the show with it! Imagine a Maiden concert is about to start and you hear wind, then "My son ask for thyself...")
  • "Rocka Rolla" - first time the song's been played in 40+ years. Maybe similar to Maiden bringing back "Purgatory"
  • "Blood Red Skies" - a long epic, first time played in almost a decade. Similar to Maiden bringing back "Phantom of the Opera" or "Afraid to Shoot Strangers" (last played in 2012 I think)
  • "Invader" - not a "major" song, but first time it's been played live since it was released in 1978. Maybe similar to Maiden playing "Sun and Steel" or (appropriately enough) "Invaders"
Then you have four more songs played for the first time in 10-15 years (two of which are great, two are okay), all from their classic era. Roughly similar to Maiden playing songs like "22 Acacia Avenue", "Drifter", "The Prisoner", etc.

On top of that you have a bunch of greatest hits ("You've Got Another Thing Comin'", "Turbo Lover", "Victim of Changes", "Painkiller", "Hell Bent for Leather", "Breaking the Law", "Living After Midnight"). The Maiden equivalent would be playing the obvious choices - RTTH, NOTB, Hallowed, 2MTM, Wasted Years, Iron Maiden, TETMD, FOTD, etc.

Very little new material - just one song. Equivalent maybe to "Wicker Man" or "El Dorado".

It's a really strong set list.

With the debut of ''One Shot At Glory'' live (amazing solos, btw - one of Priest's best),

Painkiller, British Steel, Rocka Rolla and Defenders Of The Faith are the only albums from which the band has played all the songs live.

It is heartbreaking watching Glen on the stage. All the best to him and cudos to him for trying to play. He clearly loves it!

Back