Judas Priest

I’m actually considering buying it. I only have Firepower so far, and it’s pretty affordable if you divide the cost by how much comes in the box.

It's really cool, but I already have almost half of their studio albums and the live cd's I probably wouldn't listen to that much anyway.

If you are a massive Priest fan then it does look like a good set. But it isn't for me, I already have all their studio albums, and as much as I like a live album, I don't need that many of them. If I bought it I'd be unlikely to listen to all the live gigs more than once, if at all.

The big disappointment for me is that the tracks they recorded with Stock, Aitken & Waterman in the late 80s don't appear to have made the cut. I'd definitely be interested in hearing them - though maybe it is a good thing they aren't on it, as would have been a lot of money to pay in order to hear three tracks.

1 unreleased non-live track (Epitaph demo)? ONE?
I think I have all the live stuff as good sounding soundboard bootlegs.

Last edited:
Three of them are freshly mixed by Allom though. He did very well with the Kemper gig from the Turbo 30th anniversary release and the other stereo soundboard recordings might be a better source than what has been available. I'm not going to buy this package for that however.

1 unreleased non-live track (Epitaph demo)? ONE?
I think I have all the live stuff as good sounding soundboard bootlegs.

I could be wrong but aren't most of the live tracks "just" the audio track from already available proshot footage that's been around for ages?

Rob Halford about Point Of Entry album:

''That's a very unusual album because to me, 'Turning Circles,' 'You Say Yes,' and 'Don't Go,' those three for me just seem a little bit off balance.''

''Turning Circles'' is the fourth best song in the album imo.
''You Say Yes'' is an awful filler with probably the worst chorus in Priest discography (top 10 worst songs of the band for sure).
I like only the chorus in ''Don't Go'' (which was the first single from the album).
You Say Yes is a horrible song but it’s fun. In a way like Hooks in You isn’t great but it’s fun.

Brothers of the Road
According to KK, this song has the vibe of ''You've Got Another Thing Comin'''.

An ok song with fun chorus and good riff/melodies. Single-oriented type of song - it's the weakest one so far.

Ripper can do so much better vocal wise, than he is here. Or he could anyway, he's just doing his distorted mid range thing with layered and/or punched in falsetto screams a lot these days. I kind of feel like he isn't putting 100% in there - And I'm a rather big Ripper fan.

I really wanted to like this KK Priest project but each of the 3 songs I've heard have not been good at all. Sounds like a mediocre Priest cover band, so, suits Ripper I guess. Skipsville this one is.

I had high hopes for this, but I have to admit, this isn’t great. It's alright, Hellfire Thunderbolt was very good, but I can't see this album getting anywhere near its potential.

Last edited:
Back