Judas Priest

wJKXfLF.gif

It's not sad, it's exciting!
This is the next best thing to KK returning. Might even be better in a sense. I for one love the Ripper era of Priest and this is the closest to it we're gonna get. And an album on top of it. Besides, this carries about as much legitimacy as the current Priest w Sneap lineup. I could have done with a better name though. Like High Priest, or Downing's High Priests or whatever.

Besides, this carries about as much legitimacy as the current Priest w Sneap lineup.

I disagree with this. Ritchie Faulkner has earned his keep with Priest and Scott Travis is the best drummer they ever had. I listen to Redeemer and Firepower just as much (if not more!) than the Priest albums that feature KK /KK and Les Binks. KK is a great guitarist, dont get me wrong, but KK/Glenn has never been one of the duos like Dave/Adrian where I couldn't accept someone replacing either of them now.

Does anyone listen to Stained Class or Hell Bent For Leather and go, "man this Les Binks fella really makes this Priest band". His playing on those albums is good but I am glad we're in the timeline where we ended up with a drummer as masterful as Scott Travis. This current Priest incarnation, although Glenn is sorely missed live, is great. And I think it holds more legitimacy than KK's Priest lineup. Redeemer and Firepower are seminal Priest albums that hold an important place in the bands career and KK was not a part of either of them.

I disagree with this. Ritchie Faulkner has earned his keep with Priest and Scott Travis is the best drummer they ever had. I listen to Redeemer and Firepower just as much (if not more!) than the Priest albums that feature KK /KK and Les Binks. KK is a great guitarist, dont get me wrong, but KK/Glenn has never been one of the duos like Dave/Adrian where I couldn't accept someone replacing either of them now.

Does anyone listen to Stained Class or Hell Bent For Leather and go, "man this Les Binks fella really makes this Priest band". His playing on those albums is good but I am glad we're in the timeline where we ended up with a drummer as masterful as Scott Travis. This current Priest incarnation, although Glenn is sorely missed live, is great. And I think it holds more legitimacy than KK's Priest lineup. Redeemer and Firepower are seminal Priest albums that hold an important place in the bands career and KK was not a part of either of them.
Oh, I love Ritchie. He's one of my absolute favourite guitarists. I prefer him to KK in a standoff. But without either Glenn or KK, you have lost a lot of the essence of Priest. You need one of them at the very least. You can do fine without one, but not both. Picture Maiden with not one of the three amigos playing. It just isn't right. I also don't agree with your notion that it's not comparable to Maiden. It most definitely is - Actually even more so, as they wrote all the Priest tunes together (the two latest albums aside). The three amigos weren't involved in all songs. A lot of them are just Harris penned.

Last edited:
Oh, I love Ritchie. He's one of my absolute favourite guitarists. I prefer him to KK in a standoff. But without either Glenn or KK, you have lost a lot of the essence of Priest. You need one of them at the very least. You can do fine without one, but not both. Picture Maiden without not one of the three amigos playing. It just isn't right.
I understand this sentiment and I will agree they took a big hit with Glenn's diagnosis.

Reactions: Yax
Back