Judas Priest

^LOL that's fucked up but true. Priest concerts are 80% 50+ and 20% under 50 years old.
Maiden concerts are 55% 50+ and 45% under 50.

But the old people just stay seated during the pre shows and in between set changes. They stand up when the show starts.

^LOL that's fucked up but true. Priest concerts are 80% 50+ and 20% under 50 years old.
Maiden concerts are 55% 50+ and 45% under 50.

But the old people just stay seated during the pre shows and in between set changes. They stand up when the show starts.
I don't believe in these numbers, unless American metalheads really are old geezers compared to Europeans.

No. Judas Priest fans are generally old and I think seating is quite common for these sort of shows in the US. An American can correct me if I'm wrong though.
Both of these things are true. Even arenas with floor sections tend to have folding chairs.

A priest concert is much like visiting a retirement home.
The one I was at was full of old rockers who would have been horrified by seated gigs. And not a phone in sight, which was a plus.

I think my show last year was the only Priest show with a GA floor. The only seats were grandstands. That's where most of the older people were at. I got crushed on the barrier. Wasn't as bad as Maiden's barrier though.

the Senile

victim of nappy changes

hot rockin chair

Deliverin the meals on wheels

you have to be old to be wise

living after 70

heading out to the graveyard

you say "I decided to go to Morganville, which is what they called Shelbyville in those days. So I tied an onion to my belt, which was the style at the time. Now, to take the ferry cost a nickel, and in those days, nickels had pictures of bumblebees on 'em. Give me five bees for a quarter, you'd say. Now where were we? Oh yeah: the important thing was I had an onion on my belt, which was the style at the time. They didn't have white onions because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big yellow ones..."

Electric wheel chair

Grandchildren of the Sun

One foot in the grave

Eulogy

Death

Back