Judas Priest

I have trouble with seeing this as a generic heavy metal song. The musical ingredients are indeed like that but these Halford vocals are so much above average metal material. I particularly like the verse after the first chorus. That sharp, aggressive articulation of his. The main riff is pretty nice as well. Simple but satisfactory. I expect more drama on the album.

Official video. I like the song and the production. Looking forward to hearing rest of the cd and seeing them live

Anybody else going to see Priest in March-April? Saxon and Black Star Riders are opening. I'm going to the D.C show at the fairly new The Anthem.

Right on! This is my first time seeing them. They're my second favorite band after Black Sabbath who I saw twice in 2013 and 2016, Maiden is third(yes I know, shocking lol).
First time for me as well. They probably aren't in my top three anymore, but I wasn't gonna miss this opportunity!

First time I saw them was on their "Farewell" tour... in 2011... and they are still touring and about to release a 2nd "farewell" album :p Can't think of many rock/metal bands that went on a farewell tour and never reunited.

Can't think of many rock/metal bands that went on a farewell tour and never reunited.
I think when/if Iron Maiden does it, they will stick to it. I don't think Steve Harris has ever said one single thing that he never followed through upon.

I have the feeling Motley Crue is going to stick to their word. Same with Sabbath, although if I'm not mistaken they retired before.

I'm probably going to catch Priest on this tour. I saw them last on the farewell tour, which was the peak of my Judas Priest fandom.

Maiden farewell tour will be like Rush. Not really advertised as such but pretty clearly the final tour.

I will see the Sugarland show. This will be my 9th Priest show, 2nd time for Saxon, & 1st Black Star Riders show

Whiskey Woman [Al Atkins/KK Downing] (demo) (1973)
Line-up: Rob Halford, KK Downing, Ian Hill and John Hinch (1973-74)

Last edited:
Wow! Are those the lost pop tracks from the Ram It Down era?
Halford reached back to re-record unreleased 80s stuff with Heart of a Lion, but I had no idea Heartless was more of the same.

You are everything would have been a smash recorded by Heart or Foreigner or even Def Leppard.
But it would have ruined Priest.

Back