Judas Priest

Here in Lithuania.... only seated shows are those where local 'estrada' stars are performing. Germans have good word for for it schlager music. Audience is mainly older people. Song themes: about mother's love, gone youth, spring blossom, native land, home, etc.
Judas Priest is so badly mismanaged...

Just found out that these shows are all seated, no standing tickets available. I know the bands and a good portion of the fans are older but I don't think this is a good fit, at previous Priest and Saxon shows I've been to (as recently as last year for Saxon) the crowds have been lively and with a large proportion of younger people down the front. I think this will hurt sales rather than help them.

You've got to be kidding!

Edit: You are obviously not. Only exception in the UK seems to be Bournermouth (this is the venue map I can see if I try to get tickets).

22728s.gif

Last edited:
I got seated for Dublin but I'm pretty sure there was standing available. Can't confirm as there only seems to be seating left in the presale.

You've got to be kidding!

Edit: You are obviously not. Only exception in the UK seems to be Bournermouth (this is the venue map I can see if I try to get tickets).

22728s.gif
I didn't know that Bournemouth had a proper standing section, even more bizarre that (presumably the management) have decided to opt for all-seating elsewhere, perhaps the Bournemouth venue was unable to accommodate this due to the layout.

Maybe they are afraid that they will not sell to much tickets so they "cut" venue capcity as much as they can.

Maybe they are afraid that they will not sell to much tickets so they "cut" venue capcity as much as they can.
This could be true, also possibly an attempt at a US gig style money-making enterprise by splitting the floor up into blocks and selling the front rows at a huge price. Older fans of classic bands are probably seen as the prime demographic for price-gouging like this, just like with the Power Trip Festival seating tiers.

I didn't know that Bournemouth had a proper standing section, even more bizarre that (presumably the management) have decided to opt for all-seating elsewhere, perhaps the Bournemouth venue was unable to accommodate this due to the layout.

The BIC is the smallest venue they are playing in the UK tour (capacity of 6,500 for standing events and 4,045 for seating events), so that might have something to do with the management's choice.

Out of curiosity, how much do the tickets cost?
From what I can see in the presale (not all blocks have tickets available so the prices for them aren't visible), they are very expensive in my opinion. Mid-floor seated tickets/upper tier seats at Wembley are £77 plus a small handling fee, the 'lowest' price in London appears to be £66. Some front-floor tickets are available still in the presale in Birmingham but at £115 a piece!

I have all the respect in the world for Saxon and Priest (not as familiar with Heep so i mean no disrespect by excluding them) but there is no way in hell I am paying that to see them, let alone seated. My dad and I were intending to go but neither of us are interested in an all-seated show and certainly not at this price point.

Just for comparison Enter Shikari announced an arena tour on the same day, they are playing Wembley too around the same time next year but they are charging around £35-£40 for floor standing tickets, and they typically have an extensive production and light show, but they are very pro-fan in the way that they operate and are independently managed.

Out of curiosity, how much do the tickets cost?

Mine was €86.90 after fees, which was the most expensive, think the standing were €69+fees so approx €76/77

Think that's really lower end of the spectrum for gigs in that venue these days, Maiden worked out at €97.65 for worse seats (block f for Maiden block D for Priest)

EDIT: Maiden won't have the yellow seats it will be all standing in there

I see on another forum that the amount of standing is being increased in Dublin, and people will be contacted if they bought seats and asked if they want to swap.

Back