Judas Priest

Although if I have to link some Priest songs with Richie that have this kind of vibe, maybe ''Flame Thrower'' and the 2014 bonus song ''Bring It On''.
He said in the interview above that this project is not a full-on metal band, some of the songs are more classic rock and some of the bluesy elements (which Rob liked) could be on an early Priest album. That's normal, Priest's discography is quite diverse.

What's great about Richie as a songwriter is that he writes very melodic catchy songs and great riffs, and I think Priest's style changed a bit with him. Some of the songs have Maiden vibes to them. Speaking of which, I'm really curious what song Richie would write with Steve, Bruce or Adrian.
I personally think that the new Priest album will be similar to Redeemers Of Souls, which already was a very bluesy and progressive record.

Ambitious choices in terms of venues…

Great line-up though.
It's certainly a bigger run of venues than the last time Priest played in the UK, but that was in 2015 so apart from a couple of appearances at Bloodstock it will have been a long wait due to the Ozzy debacle, I think there is an appetite to see them particularly after Firepower was so well received a few years ago. Saxon are a pretty sizeable support as well, in London last year they sold out Hammersmith as a one-off and played the Roundhouse as part of a larger tour for example. I don't know what kind of numbers Uriah Heep do but they are a notable band at any rate and make the bill quite an attractive package. It might not sell out everywhere but I don't think there will be empty venues either.

It's certainly a bigger run of venues than the last time Priest played in the UK, but that was in 2015 so apart from a couple of appearances at Bloodstock it will have been a long wait due to the Ozzy debacle, I think there is an appetite to see them particularly after Firepower was so well received a few years ago. Saxon are a pretty sizeable support as well, in London last year they sold out Hammersmith as a one-off and played the Roundhouse as part of a larger tour for example. I don't know what kind of numbers Uriah Heep do but they are a notable band at any rate and make the bill quite an attractive package. It might not sell out everywhere but I don't think there will be empty venues either.

Here’s hoping the tour is a success, but it is a significant step up from their last proper UK tour, when they played (and did not sell out) in places like Portsmouth Guildhall, Glasgow Barrowland Ballroom, Manchester O2 Apollo or Wolverhampton Civic Hall (capacities ranging from 1,300 to 3,500). Their London date was at Brixton Academy!

Judging by those venue capacity numbers, Priest is on the way to extinction. Return of the Sentinel K.K. would help them slightly but not much.

They put together a good package tour so hopefully that will help fill out those places. Maybe there will also be some built up anticipation to see them because of the Ozzy thing. KK would give them a good bump for sure, nobody is going to see Andy Sneap. When I saw Priest in March last year I was worried about advanced sales but the place filled out though the lawn area was deserted. I don't think Priest is done quite yet.

Lynch and Dokken hated each other's guts for years, and probably still do, but money talks.
Indeed, but the Priest and K.K debacle is a special kind of something. Half his beef is with the defacto manager (think her title is co-manager or manager assistant) Jayne Andrews (supposedly Glenn's girlfriend the past 10 years or so) anyway, and she was busy sabotaging any prospect of them mending the fence right after the Hall of Fame by slamming KK in the press. She's obviously not going for the money.

Just found out that these shows are all seated, no standing tickets available. I know the bands and a good portion of the fans are older but I don't think this is a good fit, at previous Priest and Saxon shows I've been to (as recently as last year for Saxon) the crowds have been lively and with a large proportion of younger people down the front. I think this will hurt sales rather than help them.

Just found out that these shows are all seated, no standing tickets available. I know the bands and a good portion of the fans are older but I don't think this is a good fit, at previous Priest and Saxon shows I've been to (as recently as last year for Saxon) the crowds have been lively and with a large proportion of younger people down the front. I think this will hurt sales rather than help them.
That's crazy.

Back