Judas Priest

My maternal grandfather was from Galicia. :)

Nice part of the world, with a lot of Celtic heritage (for many centuries it was easier to trade by sea with the other Celtic nations than with the rest Spain)

Even the name refers to the Celts, as it is related to Gallia.

Wow! This is your favorite song ever, I guess. ;)
Perhaps not my favorite ever, but the sheer power that song has (along with the power that many other tracks on Painkiller have) is basically unmatched in heavy metal. And I'd love to hear Ritchie's take on that opening riff. He'd give it so much bite. For the record, A Touch of Evil is my favorite Priest track. Followed by Night Comes Down, The Sentinel, then Battle Hymn/One Shot At Glory.

Perhaps not my favorite ever, but the sheer power that song has (along with the power that many other tracks on Painkiller have) is basically unmatched in heavy metal. And I'd love to hear Ritchie's take on that opening riff. He'd give it so much bite. For the record, A Touch of Evil is my favorite Priest track. Followed by Night Comes Down, The Sentinel, then Battle Hymn/One Shot At Glory.

One Shot At Glory is also a very favorite song of mine (it's in my top 10). Richie will crush it live, as always. I can't believe that they still not played it live./ btw, The Sentinel is my favorite Priest song.

One Shot At Glory is also a very favorite song of mine (it's in my top 10). Richie will crush it live, as always. I can't believe that they still not played it live
It is a bit like Alice Cooper's "Dangerous Tonight" in this regard. Just why not play it live?

Songs I have never seen Priest play live I would like to see on 50th anniversary tour (1 from each lp):

Cheater
Island of Domination
Let Us Prey/Call For the Priest
Exciter
Killing Machine (or Delivering the Goods)
Rapid Fire
Hot Rockin
Screaming For Vengeance
Jawbreaker
Reckless
Hard As Iron
One Shot at Glory
? (Not that familiar with Angel of R)
Persecution
(Anything; missed the tour & love ROS)
(Anything except 1st 3 songs; already saw them live)

I'm pretty sure Ian Hill said that they were looking at releasing something from the Firepower tour, sometime last year? Or am I making shit up?

Rob's version of 'Hark! The Herald Angels Sing' is hilarious.
So this is a traditional English carol? :oops:
I honestly only knew Sabbat's lyrics to Hosanna in Excelsis so far:
Hark! The fallen Angels sing:
"Glory to Satan our King,

etc.
Should have guessed it's one of Skywalkyier's spoofs :facepalm:

And the comedy continues...

Am I alone in thinking that Judas Priest's career since Nostradamus has been pathetically managed??

I wonder who in their management thought that a band that should have ended their illustrious career as a headliner, should be wasting precious time being the opening act of another legend that is not fit to play and keeps on cancelling tours.

To quote the wise man from the Midlands: "It is what it is, you know?"

And the comedy continues...

Am I alone in thinking that Judas Priest's career since Nostradamus has been pathetically managed??

I wonder who in their management thought that a band that should have ended their illustrious career as a headliner, should be wasting precious time being the opening act of another legend that is not fit to play and keeps on cancelling tours.

To quote the wise man from the Midlands: "It is what it is, you know?"

Ah FFS,

Time to get a refund on those tickets.

Back