Judas Priest

And what a bastard treatment he got in Priest. Bah, it leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

You hit the nail right on the head.

As far as I am concerned, he is the best drummer the band have ever had.

EDIT: Don't get me wrong, Scott Travis is a beast of a drummer, but when it comes to Priest I have always liked Les Binks drumming more.

Last edited:
Richie said that they rehearsed ''Solar Angels'' for the Firepower tour, but according to him when they played it live, it felt that it lacks something. He will throw it in the hat again though./ They played that song live 7 times in 2005.

A fan has said that ''Solar Angels'' is always a top favorite song for all Priest fans on Facebook groups...

They also talked about the songs ''Rocka Rolla'', ''Locked In'' and ''Reckless'' for the latest tour, but they needed to save some tracks for the 50th Anniversary tour.

It was played on the World Wide Blitz Tour in 1981. Solar Angels and that tour as a whole is a Priest fan favorite.

I'm curious to know why ? Any specific things ?
As far as I am concerned, he is the best drummer the band have ever had.

EDIT: Don't get me wrong, Scott Travis is a beast of a drummer, but when it comes to Priest I have always liked Les Binks drumming more.

IRYO, but as you said, Scott Travis is a beast of a drummer and he is not only the best drummer that Priest ever had, he also is one of the best drummers IMO.

I'm curious to know why ? Any specific things ?

I assume because of the setlist? And because Solar Angels hasn't been played since 2005, so fans wanna hear it again.

From wikipedia:
  1. Solar Angels
  2. Heading Out to the Highway
  3. Diamonds &Rust (Replaced by "Metal Gods" on second European leg)
  4. Troubleshooter (Replaced by "Hell Bent for Leather" after 6 May 1981)
  5. Breaking the Law
  6. Sinner
  7. Beyond the Realms of Death
  8. Grinder
  9. Desert Plains
  10. Hot Rockin'
  11. You Don't Have to Be Old to Be Wise
  12. Victim of Changes
  13. The Green Manalishi (With the Two Prong Crown) (Fleetwood Mac cover)
  14. Living After Midnight
  15. Tyrant

I'd love to hear some rare stuff from 1986-1990. And also songs from as many different albums as possible.

All those would great! Especially Genocide!! Did you catch Out in the Cold this year srfc?

No,

I don't think I ever seen it. I saw Priest on Angel of Retribution tour x 2, Nostradamus tour, that tour they did with Megadeth and Testament and 2018 tour. I only got into Priest relatively late in 2002 ( I was listening to metal since 1991) but they are my 3rd favourite band after Maiden and Thin Lizzy.

Back