Judas Priest

The back cover of Sin After Sin album is the continuation of the album cover.

Ah I never knew Call for the Priest segues into Raw Deal on the original album rather than Let us Prey segueing into Call for the Priest. Is that a mistake on the sleeve or have they changed it for the remaster?

I had the vinyl and I don't remember the track listing but…this is what I found in metal-archives:
The tracklisting differs from previous releases, but the re-masters have it the way the band originally intended and that's the one displayed below. The biggest change is the correction of the famous "Let Us Prey" mistake. "Let Us Prey" is the short intro to "Call for the Priest", but on many compilations (and the original listing) "Let Us Prey" is listed as the longer track.

Ah I never knew Call for the Priest segues into Raw Deal on the original album rather than Let us Prey segueing into Call for the Priest. Is that a mistake on the sleeve or have they changed it for the remaster?

Yeah, it was a mistake (as @The_7th_one posted above). ''Let Us Prey'' is just a short intro (1+ minutes long) to ''Call For The Priest''. And the song ''Let Us Prey/Call For The Priest'' is 6+ minutes long.... ''Raw Deal'' is also 6 minutes long.

This info is from Wikipedia: This was the first (in order of release) of Judas Priest’s main albums to be remastered in 2001, which included all of the albums between this and their 1990 Painkiller album. The remaster corrected an error in the track listing; "Call for the Priest", which forms one track with "Let Us Prey", had erroneously been listed as forming one track with "Raw Deal" until then.

Last edited:
I'm glad this was just a mistake on the original LP as I hate when remasters are different from the original albums, e.g. see Metal Essentials thread which has "fake" remasters tracklisting of Strangers in the Night.

Other disgraces include 1998 remasters of early Maiden albums with bonus tracks included, first WASP album with Fuck Like a Beast added, The Who Live at Leeds being massively extended

first WASP album with Fuck Like a Beast added
The song was intended to be on the album from the get-go but was only dropped after the label decided it was too controversial. I think it’s better on the album than not on it at all, but of course there’s going to be a difference of opinion if the original is the one you’ve heard all your life. But really, the reissue was an attempt to rectify that which was originally planned so.

As I suspected, Ian Hill has said that Faulkner is responsible for changing the setlist heavily. Well, they started to do that from the current tour.

"Richie started it off. He'd be in the dressing room with his guitar, and he'd play one of the old songs. [We'd say,] 'Bloody hell. That's good!' Other people start putting ideas in, and we'd come up with a whole bunch of great stuff that we haven't played for decades."

The song was intended to be on the album from the get-go but was only dropped after the label decided it was too controversial. I think it’s better on the album than not on it at all, but of course there’s going to be a difference of opinion if the original is the one you’ve heard all your life. But really, the reissue was an attempt to rectify that which was originally planned so.

For me it's a matter of when I buy an album I want to get what people had back in the day. I can cope with anything extra being on a seperate disc like Made in Japan. It's probably similar to when nerds moan about the Star Wars dvd's :lol:

I can't believe I forgot the worst one of all time, Sad Wings of Destiny having Side A and Side b reversed. The "Prelude" being on Side B FFS

I really like all those short clips that Priest released for the Redeemer Of Souls and Firepower albums.

It would be cool if Maiden do that. Yeah, it's not a proper documentary, but still is something.

So after seeing Priest and Maiden now, and both bands from the barrier... If there hypothetically was a Priest/Maiden tour then Iron Maiden should definitely be the headliner. There is no competition. Maiden's shows are way bigger and the performance is top notch.

I'll do a full posting about the rest of the show later.

Judas Priest concert review thingy:

I lined up at 1pm, to get on the barrier. I was successful, and got right in the middle. Heep was alright, don't know much about them. As soon as Priest started playing, the rain started coming down. I got soaked. It ended a few songs in but sprinkled every now and then through the night. The sound was okay, Rob could have been a bit louder. The setlist was great, though I wish I could have heard 'You've Got Another Thing Comin' and 'Turbo Lover'. 'Freewheel Burning' would have been nice too. 'Halls of Valhalla' was the low point of the show. It's not my favorite to begin with and everyone around me didn't seem to know the song. 'Tyrant' could have been replaced with something else too. Setlist highlights were 'Victim of Changes', 'All Guns Blazing' and 'Hell Bent For Leather'. 'Out in the Cold' was very good too actually. The crowd was a lot more crazy then I expected, I ended up with a few bruises but I've had worse (See Primus + Mastodon tour)

I managed to catch two picks, I found another on the ground but I gave it to my Dad. One of them was Andy's and the other one was Rob's custom picks I guess.

Here are some pics.. I'll have a video of Necromancer and Steeler later.
AAF63252-BB6D-4586-BA8A-49E5B1C2FBD0.jpeg5A35189C-F23F-4C3B-B7DC-7C79D637E3B5.jpegCF942CC2-B388-44C2-8E25-0B56496F1F93.jpeg

So after seeing Priest and Maiden now, and both bands from the barrier... If there hypothetically was a Priest/Maiden tour then Iron Maiden should definitely be the headliner. There is no competition. Maiden's shows are way bigger and the performance is top notch.

I'll do a full posting about the rest of the show later.

Maiden should definitely be the headliner because they're more popular. But after seeing Priest three times(once on each North American leg) on the Firepower Tour and Maiden once on TBOS Tour, I like Priest a bit more.
I never cared for a big stage show with pyrotechnics and flashy visuals . I go to see the band and focus more on the performance.

Last edited:
Back