Judas Priest Survivor complete: PAIN! PAIN! KILLER! KILLER!

Vote for your LEAST favorite songs!

• Beyond The Realms Of Death

Votes: 8 61.5%
  • Painkiller

Votes: 5 38.5%

• Total voters
Re: Judas Priest Survivor: Defenders of the Faith round 3 (Oct 22-24)

Go to the top of the page and vote for your LEAST favorite songs!
Rules are in this post. Please read them if you don't know what's going on here.

"Winners" of round 8.2: Eat Me Alive, Love Bites
Round 8.3 has now begun.

Eliminated:
11. ?
12. ?
13. ?
14. ?
15. ?
16. Love Bites
17. Eat Me Alive
18. Night Comes Down
19. Heavy Duty / Defenders Of The Faith

Dammit, I like Love Bites.  :(

Jawbreaker, Rock Hard Ride Free, Some Heads Are Gonna Roll

Re: Judas Priest Survivor: Defenders of the Faith round 3 (Oct 22-24)

Some diamonds are gonna roll. The two-pronged crown will rust on the green Manalishi's head.

Re: Judas Priest Survivor: Defenders of the Faith round 4 (Oct 24-26)

Go to the top of the page and vote for your LEAST favorite songs!
Rules are in this post. Please read them if you don't know what's going on here.

"Winner" of round 8.3: Some Heads Are Gonna Roll
Round 8.4 has now begun.

Eliminated:
11. ?
12. ?
13. ?
14. ?
15. Some Heads Are Gonna Roll
16. Love Bites
17. Eat Me Alive
18. Night Comes Down
19. Heavy Duty / Defenders Of The Faith

Jawbreaker, Rock Hard Ride Free, Realms of Death

Now, there is something I don't understand...
I visit this thread for first time and I don't see The Ripper among the survivors... How is possible ?  :blink:
This song is one of the best metal songs ever. Pure essence.

It was killed a couple of albums ago.

I also agree, it's a travesty. I'd put The Ripper in my top 10 Priest songs.
Ah well, 'tis merely an internet poll.

Holy shit, you're right, but it makes me wonder about the trustworthiness /severity* of the voters.

*I'm not sure about the correct word here, the problem was also pointed out by Genghis Khan in Metallica thread

Quetzalcoatlus said:
...the problem was also pointed out by Genghis Khan...

I don't recall that. I must have missed that post.

Regardless ... there's no problem here. None that I can see.

It's a poll. Sometimes, you'll disagree with the results. Hell, I'm still not happy about Kashmir not getting into the Zep top 10, because that would have been my pick for the best song.

This doesn't mean any other voters are "untrustworthy". It just means people disagree with you. Not a problem; that's just life.

Here it is --> http://forum.maidenfans.com/http://foru ... 55#p226655

He mentions it again some pages later. This is the only 'problem'. I accept 100% the results for Maiden polls
cause there is a deep knowledge -or it should- of the songs. Most of times I don't agree but I accept them.
Better than this, I'm curious about them. That's why I don't complain about the results, and also
that's why I usually vote for Maiden & Zeppelin -cause I have a deep knowledge of their entire catalog.

But in the end, there is no real problem, even if the votes casting is light sometimes, is just an internet poll, and it's still an opinion...

Quetzalcoatlus said:
.... but it makes me wonder about the trustworthiness /severity* of the voters.

I thought that's not the most respectful thing to say. Would you like it I'd ask the following:
If I may ask, who are you to say this? Do you have their whole discography on CD or LP? What do you own? How well do you know them? How dedicated are you? Are you trustworthy? Do you like these questions?
See what I mean? ;)

I am constantly surprised by what people are voting for. All the time. I see that people vote for Heaven and Hell, Sinner, Victim of Changes, Beyond the Realms of Death, Rime of the Ancient Mariner, Powerslave, Prowler, Vital Signs, Back from the Edge, Under the Sun, Subdivisions... so many immortal gems which rock the house down and leave thousands of people in awe at concerts (especially me of course ;) ). The list goes on and on. Sometimes I find it difficult to accept, but in the end I have to:
Taste differs (e.g.: compared to these giants, I find that Ripper is clearly subdivision league) and everybody has the right to vote, not?

Forostar said:
I thought that's not the most respectful thing to say. Would you like it I'd ask the following:
If I may ask, who are you to say this? Do you have their whole discography on CD or LP? What do you own? How well do you know them? How dedicated are you? Are you trustworthy? Do you like these questions?
See what I mean? ;)

Why do you think I only vote for Maiden and Zeppelin ?  ;)
[...]

I thought about all these yesterday night though, and I came to the following conclusion :
I shouldn't care at all, and I should have voted for more polls than two.

Every now and then people vote for their governments,
sometimes without knowing in deep their history or facts beyond what television says.
The most of them will vote for a specific party anyway, so what do I mind about such details here ?

Forostar said:
I am constantly surprised by what people are voting for. All the time. I see that people vote for Heaven and Hell, Sinner, Victim of Changes, Beyond the Realms of Death, Rime of the Ancient Mariner, Powerslave, Prowler, Vital Signs, Back from the Edge, Under the Sun, Subdivisions... so many immortal gems which rock the house down and leave thousands of people in awe at concerts (especially me of course ;) ). The list goes on and on.

Well, most people with deep knowledge of a band will develop some odd tastes. Personally, I can't see why people vote for songs like "No Prayer for the Dying", "The Aftermath", "Open Secrets", "The Camera Eye", "Dreamstate" and "Ten Years Gone".

I am not sure if I understand who you mean when you talk about someone with a deep knowledge of a band.
The ones who vote for those songs I mentioned, or do you mean me?

Anyway, when we talk about Priest you may know that they are my 2nd favourite band, and without trying to sound arrogant: I doubt if other people have played their albums as often as I did. I wouldn't say my taste is odd though.

Perhaps I totally misunderstand what you meant, please say so, if that's the case.

Forostar said:
I am not sure if I understand who you mean when you talk about someone with a deep knowledge of a band.
The ones who vote for those songs I mentioned, or do you mean me?

Anyway, when we talk about Priest you may know that they are my 2nd favourite band, and without trying to sound arrogant: I doubt if other people have played their albums as often as I did. I wouldn't say my taste is odd though.

I wasn't talking about anyone is particular. I think most people who vote in these polls are familiar with all the songs. My point was that most people who have listened to a band for a long time will start liking some songs that aren't very popular with fans in general, and disliking some that are. So at some point, everyone will see a personal favourite voted out early and think, "who the hell voted for that song?". There's even a crazy guy who frequently votes for "Rime of the Ancient Mariner" in the Maiden survivor ;)

On a sidenote, I don't like Priest, so I haven't voted here at all.

Back