Judas Priest Survivor complete: PAIN! PAIN! KILLER! KILLER!

Vote for your LEAST favorite songs!

• Beyond The Realms Of Death

Votes: 8 61.5%
  • Painkiller

Votes: 5 38.5%

• Total voters
Re: Judas Priest Survivor FINALS: 4 songs left (Feb 20-22)

Forostar said:
The Hellion / Electric Eye.

It's ridiculous that Priest's equivalent of Run To The Hills made it to the last four. Last three would be a farce.

Nah, that would be Breaking The Law.

*hides*

Both are terribly overplayed anyway, and don't deserve to be in the top 4.
There are so many other great Priest songs.

Just my 2 cents.

Forostar said:
Both are terribly overplayed anyway, and don't deserve to be in the top 4.
There are so many other great Priest songs.

Just my 2 cents.

Personally I think Electric Eye is a great song, but it's not in my top 5. Breaking The Law, on the other hand, is not in the top 20. Same goes for another couple of live favourites - Living After Midnight and You've Got Another Thing Coming.

By the way, Breaking The Law wasn't in the top four, so why bring that song into it? I just mentioned it as a better parallel to Run To The Hills - ever-present, overplayed and overrated.

Eddies Wingman said:
Personally I think Electric Eye is a great song, but it's not in my top 5. Breaking The Law, on the other hand, is not in the top 20. Same goes for another couple of live favourites - Living After Midnight and You've Got Another Thing Coming.

By the way, Breaking The Law wasn't in the top four, so why bring that song into it? I just mentioned it as a better parallel to Run To The Hills - ever-present, overplayed and overrated.

I brought it in because I think Electric Eye isn't that much of a better song. I like it even less than Breaking the Law. I find it at least as overrated. Both don't belong in the top 4, and when you ask me: both don't belong in the top 20 either.

These are comparable songs. Both are simple and short, and never erased from Priest's setlist. Both songs are more overplayed than Run to the Hills.

I think there's a wealth of better songs made before that (e.g. in the seventies: 2 dozen at least!) and after that (e.g. side A of Defenders of the Faith, a handful of songs from the other subsequent albums, and yes: all Painkiller songs).

I do like The Hellion. A fantastic intro. That's why Electric Eye ended up so high.

Re: Judas Priest Survivor, series 1: Rocka Rolla vs Sad Wings (Aug 7-9)

Looking back on this thread now, I realise how dead on I was when I replied to this.

Forostar said:
It surely can be considered as one.

By the way, I am mighty curious how the seventies songs will survive.

I said I thought Victim of Changes, Sinner, Dissident Aggressor and Beyond The Realms of Death would stay long in the competition. All four got to the final 10  :D

:)

All super classics, only DA was recently taken from the closet (and played for the first time live, even).

It's a pity they didn't play it back when Halford could actually nail that opening scream - which is probably my favourite scream in any Priest song. He didn't really do it that well when I saw them in 2008.

Back