Judas Priest Studio Album Survivor: Painkiller wins !

Satisfied?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Alone, Exiled, Nostradamus, Future of Mankind, and when I'm in the right mood - New Beginnings. I find those to all be strong tracks from Disc 2.
For Disc 1 it's Persecution, Revelations (although it takes a while to get going imo), War (same again) and Lost Love that are the standout ones, for me.

At the very least these are the ones that have stuck in mind that I can name them, I've just put the album on so I'm sure I'll recall many tracks again, but likely not remember their names because I don't tend to look at what's playing.

EDIT: Pestilence and Plague too. TBH, the whole album is awesome. You lost just can't appreciate it because it's from the 2000's! :p

Last edited:
@Crimson Idol: Nonsense! :p I actually like Demolition, and I think I might have been the only person NOT to vote for that one in the first round! :lol: I also think Angel Of Retribution is a great album.

As for Nostradamus, it's not a bad album, it's just not up there with Priest's best for me. It's lack of consistency is it's main problem. The great songs on the album are really great, but there's not enough of them on an album which is as long as that one is. I'm glad someone mentioned Pestilence And Plague though. That song is awesome, and Glenn's solo in that one is actually one of my fave solos by him. :)

Angel of Retribution is awesome. If they released another album as good as that I'd be very happy.

Nostradamus could've been great but it had too much filler. I would've rather them ditch the concept and just write a set of strong songs, because it does have a lot of that. That's what JP is best at anyway.

@Crimson Idol: Nonsense! :p I actually like Demolition, and I think I might have been the only person NOT to vote for that one in the first round! :lol:

I didn't vote for it (actually I don't think I voted at all that round...), It's nowhere near my favourite album, but it's not my least favourite either. I think there are some good songs on there and I have fond memories of when I first got it :)

Personally I think the 70's are given too much love, there are without doubt some good songs on there, but the majority of those albums tend to fall under the category (for me) that when I'm listening to them I think "Wow!" and then once it stops.. I can't remember half the tracks :p All the albums are great but they don't tend to stick in my head.

Nostradamus had more votes than Jugulator in the last round (round 5).

11. Nostradamus (2008)
12. Ram it Down (1988)
13. Turbo (1986)

14. Rocka Rolla (1974)
15. Point of Entry (1981)
16. Demolition (2001)

FSR.jpg

Let's see if Jugulator can survive another round.

Angel of Retribution has these rather dull songs:
Revolution
Eulogy
Lochness
:yawn:

And I have more criticism:
Deal with the Devil is pretty good but it's a rip-off from Halford's Made in Hell. Both produced by Roy Z, go figure.
Judas Rising is a slow, static, predictable and unadventurous album opener. It doesn't sound original, and there's not enough going on to be impressive.

Jugulator has no bad song material. Kick ass metal with -besides riffing madness- also slower and atmospheric moments.

Revolution has a repetitive shitty chorus. Lochness is just the most repetitive monster they've ever created. Way too long. I don't even remember how Eulogy goes. I'll play it now.

edit:
Aha, hearing it now. Well, it sounds good (still not as good as the average interlude on Nostradamus).

Last edited:
Some riffs are ok, but there's lots of annoying beeps as well.

The chorus sounds like a song you'd sing to a child, but only if you want to keep it awake at night. Later you'd have to be careful and turn the song off, or else it would fall asleep right away.

We're now reaching the point where any album I vote for, is one I love, it's just the scale of the love now which separates them! My votes this round are for:

Killing Machine
Angel Of Retribution

It's really difficult for me to choose between AOR and Jugulator on merit, so I'm going with AOR purely because I think it will get fewer votes this round, and I want to give Jugulator a fighting chance of making it another round!

The chorus sounds like a song you'd sing to a child, but only if you want to keep it awake at night. Later you'd have to be careful and turn the song off, or else it would fall asleep right away.

I'm not going say I agree, but that one did make me laugh.

Back