Judas Priest Studio Album Survivor: Painkiller wins !

Satisfied?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
You could, that wouldn't make it true.

I don't need to say it for it to be true. There are plenty of good songs on both those albums, just as there are on Killing Machine. Or are you now the authority on what is/isn't a good song, and can therefore say it is untrue? I mean just because you said it about Killing Machine does also not make it true, funny how that works :eek:

I was just kidding, Idol, no need to get worked up.

I don't see a "special" song in Jugulator or Nostradamus, that's all.

I was just kidding, Idol, no need to get worked up.

Survivors are serious business, not all of us can just vote without feeling you know!

Personally there are only 1-2 songs on Killing Machine that I will listen to outside of putting on the entire album, whereas Jugulator songs get regular outing and Nostradamus as an album gets listened to frequently, and several of the songs I hold in high regard.

Survivors are serious business, not all of us can just vote without feeling you know!

Was that a reference to my statement in the Iron Maiden Survivor or am I seeing things?

I think it's the other way around for me regarding the listening rotation of these albums and songs.

I really don't want to vote for Jugulator, and am so pleased it has survived to this point, but we're coming to the business end of the voting now, so I have to vote for it now... :(

Nostradamus
Killing Machine
Jugulator

Why did you have to vote for it? If you like it the least of all the albums that are left, then yes, of course.
But there's no rule that you have to pick three albums.

We're now in a phase where three albums are very close to each other, so instead of just picking the three least good ones, there's another aspect:
Order of elimination. So personally, I'd say: "the business" is trying to manipulate the end result to that the least likable of the three will go first. Like this, you want certain songs to survive longer.

I like Jugulator a bit more than Nostradamus. The latter has some great tunes but on disc two we get some really dragging, tedious songs, despite some of the best such as Alone and the album closer. I can listen to the whole Jugulator album without getting impatient.

Why did you have to vote for it? If you like it the least of all the albums that are left, then yes, of course.
But there's no rule that you have to pick three albums.

I like Jugulator a bit more than Nostradamus. The latter has some great tunes but on disc two we get some really dragging, tedious songs, despite some of the best such as Alone and the album closer. I can listen to the whole Jugulator album without getting impatient.

Cos I've always picked 3 albums... and it'd have felt a bit sneaky not doing so this time just to give Jugulator a chance of surviving another round. lol I did consider only picking two albums, but in the end decided just to vote the same way as I've been doing since the start. To clarify, Jugulator is the album I like best out of the 3 I chose. :)

Completely agree with you about "Nostradamus"! I've always seen disc one as by far the stronger of the two discs, and overall, I see the album as being very patchy with some stand-out cuts on it. "Jugulator" is a far more consistent album, and I never feel like skipping any songs when I listen to it, which I can't say for "Nostradamus"... :lol:

To clarify, Jugulator is the album I like best out of the 3 I chose. :)
Nooooooooo!!

But your vote makes it go first. So you make the two lesser albums survive longer than the one that you like the best.
That doesn't make sense (to me at least).

I'd say this is about getting a result we like. The voting process is only the tool to do that.

edit:
hey someone just gave a vote to Nostradamus.

Nooooooooo!!

But your vote makes it go first. So you make the two lesser albums survive longer than the one that you like the best.
That doesn't make sense (to me at least).

I'd say this is about getting a result we like. The voting process is only the tool to do that.

edit:
hey someone just gave a vote to Nostradamus.

When you put it like that, it makes what I did look a bit silly... lol I just didn't want to change my voting pattern until the rules dictated it. I thought that was fairer... I'll keep this in mind for future rounds though. :)

Thank goodness for that... I'd hate to think Jugulator had been voted off due to me! lol :(

These two are indeed incredible songs. But I find it a long sit in between, although the title track is pretty good as well. And if my memory serves me well, then the beginning is not great either.

Back