Judas Priest Studio Album Survivor: Painkiller wins !

Satisfied?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I posted this topic on the wrong sub-forum.... :ahhh::help:

This belongs in the games section. Dear mod, would you move this? Sorry... :/

I don't see how people think British Steel is better than Sad Wings. Yeah, lets take Living After Midnight and Breaking the Law over Tyrant, Victim of Changes, Deceiver x2.

I like midnight and law, but how about The Rage, and Metal Gods and Rapid Fire?

These iconic three match with the best on Sad Wings. And don't forget Grindeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

British Steel is my prime candidate for being the most overrated of the "iconic" heavy metal albums.

I give that qualification to Screaming for Vengeance

What's so great about that album that it is better than British Steel?

Riding on the Wind: mwah
Bloodstone: meh
Pain and Pleasure: beh

I admit that I really like the other seven though, although one of these is a short one (The Hellion). So, 6 (or 6,5) likable to (very) strong songs left.

British Steel I find more solid as an overall album. United is the only mwah song. 8 likable to (very) strong songs left.

British Steel has very basic heavy metal structures which is fine, but only if there are a good amount of moving riffs. I find Rapid Fire, The Rage, Grinder and Metal Gods very dull. Breaking the Law probably is the only song on the album that I like (because it has that killer riff that others lack) and I don't like it that much either.

Screaming is like an early Painkiller to me, the first real outing of Priest's continued style. I like British Steel, but in contrast find the songs repetitive and dull. Both have great tracks, but Steel is heading more towards the commercial radio area, less aggressive and less risky.

Commercial, less aggressive?
You mean: Take These Changes, Pain and Pleasure, Fever, You've Got another thing coming...

Repetitive and dull?

Blooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood stooo hooone

Such a monotone track.

I've never seen you describe tracks you dislike with anything outside of these words: Monotone, Repetitive, Dull, Boring, Hallelujah.
It's why I so rarely post in survivors any more, I have my opinion on tracks/albums and I don't really need to justify them. My post wasn't directed at anyone, simply adding my 2c to the discussion between Steel/Screaming, saying which I prefer with a brief description why, same as Flash really, which have both resulted in you making sarcy comments about other peoples opinions/tastes. What bugs me the most is that I frequently see you request other people to give reasons why they dislike things you like, and then when asked to do the same you always give the same 2-3 word response.

Meh, I'm done with it.

I have an edit button too, your original response:
Forostar said:
Sums it up just perfect.

Last edited:
No offense intended but I think you are exaggerating gravely on this matter.
I've never seen you describe tracks you dislike with anything outside of these words: Monotone, Repetitive, Dull, Boring, Hallelujah.
Lots of people are not explaining why they (dis)like something and when they do they use one word comments. So bear with me, that I am not always motivated to use lots of words. This is the style of the majority of this forum and sometimes (nowadays more than in the past) I feel like it.

Did you notice that you have even explained less than I because you didn't mention a single song? Should we be so angry about that? No, you don't have to. That makes it more strange that you expect me to do certain things.

Why don't we just stick to the music and let's not be so offended so easily. People pose different opinions on discussion forums. That's nothing to be afraid of. And nothing was directed at you personally. It was directed at songs. For everybody to read or to ignore.

You have contributed to the comparison between Steel and Vengeance, and the remarkable thing is that the terms you used for Steel are very appropriate for my thoughts on some songs on Vengeance. I just had to respond to that coincidence! I don't think there's a rule that forbids me to do so.

Last edited:
Back