janick better than adrian?

A

Anonymous

am i the only human being in the world who thinks janick can play guitar better than adrian can? i've always thought that adrian was kind of like dave, but just not as good. janick, on the other hand, has a totally different style! i think he is off the wall, if you ask me. janick does all this cool harmonic stuff, and he is more dynamic and interesting.

that is NOT TO SAY that adrian is bad, just he's not quite up there. i mean honestly, i definitely couldn't play as good as either of them.

Janick is good....if you like crap hahaha. no he's o.k. but not in the league of adrian and dave. Janick, while a refreshing change perhaps, lacks melody in his solos, they're all over the place, just speed demons. daves and adrians have more of a purpose, rather than just for show, which i get the impression jan's are for sometimes. also, his showmanship is entertaining, but makes his overall playing mediocre. in rock and rio he spends more time striking poses and tossing his guitar than actually playing, while adrian and dave play, he makes funny faces and hand gestures...but as a songwriter he adds alot to maiden, and he is entertaining, i'll give him that. so all in all he is an entertaining addition to the lineup but if he were to leave it would not make a large musical difference, which is the most important thing, showmanship is second.

i think he's a good guitarist. he's just a good entertainer overall o_O he's definitely different then the rest lol. but that what makes him special ^^

Janick might be a better guitarist but he has yet to show it. [!--emo&:p--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'tongue.gif\' /][!--endemo--]
He's miles off Adrian in writing skills, and when it comes to making really good solos, well, I still think Adrian is better in all aspects.

janick is fun to watch on stage, but hes no guitar god. it doesnt look like he plays much, he just throws his guitar around and dances a lot. adrian stays in one place most of hte time and he just does his thing, which is cool cuz hes good at it... damn good

Look, neither H nor Janick are better...they're different guitarists. If you like precision more than raw energy (traded for a bit of sloppy) then go with H. If you like a good stage show and pure emotion in your show, rather than something stiffer (but getting more accuracy) then go with Jan. They're both in the band now, and they're BOTH good enough to be in Iron Maiden.

I started a related topic today... about Janick...
I see that you always mean he is the worst IM member...

Adrian is the best guitarist in Maiden, better than Janick better than Dave.

Jan and H are Equal, But yes, Davey is KING!! [!--emo&:lmao:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/lol.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'lol.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

No one on the face of this Earth can beat Davey [!--emo&:rock:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/headbang.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'headbang.gif\' /][!--endemo--] [!--emo&:bow:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/bowdown.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'bowdown.gif\' /][!--endemo--] [!--emo&:wub:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/wub.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'wub.gif\' /][!--endemo--] ....but I think H and Jan are both awesome players! I also think that Maiden wouldn't be complete now without each and every member. I don't see how anyone can say either of the three are bad players...each time I sit down and listen to them they just keep getting better...and they always amaze me...ALWAYS!

UP THE IRONS!!!

[!--emo&:rock:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/headbang.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'headbang.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--QuoteBegin-Serenity Painted Death+Jul 29 2003, 04:41 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Serenity Painted Death @ Jul 29 2003, 04:41 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--] am i the only human being in the world who thinks janick can play guitar better than adrian can? [/quote]
Yes! [!--emo&:p--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'tongue.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--QuoteBegin-Goddess_of_Time+Sep 22 2003, 06:01 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Goddess_of_Time @ Sep 22 2003, 06:01 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]

UP THE IRONS!!!

[!--emo&:rock:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/headbang.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'headbang.gif\' /][!--endemo--] [/quote]
Now that was an inspired comment!

Well, I'm not a guitar player, and I don't know who's the best technically, but Davey is the funniest to watch! And he's also the real Maiden guitarist! Maiden without Dave is unthinkable!

The one who knows about playing guitar say that Adrian is a very good player...
I understand nothing about it... I just like a solo or not...

[!--QuoteBegin-Serenity Painted Death+Jul 29 2003, 04:41 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Serenity Painted Death @ Jul 29 2003, 04:41 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--] am i the only human being in the world who thinks janick can play guitar better than adrian can? i've always thought that adrian was kind of like dave, but just not as good. janick, on the other hand, has a totally different style! i think he is off the wall, if you ask me. janick does all this cool harmonic stuff, and he is more dynamic and interesting.

that is NOT TO SAY that adrian is bad, just he's not quite up there. i mean honestly, i definitely couldn't play as good as either of them. [/quote]
No, just no.

Right people.

I personally think that Janick is better than Adrian. Fine, they have different styles but Janick is able to fit in all the showmanship at the same time!

On the whole though, DAVEY IS BY FAR THE BEST. Totally his OWN style! [!--emo&:howdy:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/wavey.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'wavey.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

However, whilst one of my favourite guitarists is in the band, my opinon of the world's current greatest isn't.

Ladies & Gentlemen, playing with Dream Theater - [!--emo&:bow:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/bowdown.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'bowdown.gif\' /][!--endemo--] MR JOHN PETRUCCI!! [!--emo&:bow:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/bowdown.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'bowdown.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

PD
"Up the Irons!"
"Hooks in me, hooks in you, hooks in the ceiling for that well-hung feeling."

janick's solos suck!!!!!! H's solos rule!! Listen to the Wicker Man or Wasted Years or Lonliness of the Long Distance Runner solos. Janick has yet (and will never) write a solo anywhere near as good as any of those. Janick sounds like he's just trying to play as fast as he can. Noisy crap!

Back