It's Official: Original BLACK SABBATH Lineup Reunite For New Album, World Tour

Night Prowler

Customer Deathcycle Manager
Staff member
http://metaltalk.net/news/2010882.php

EXCLUSIVE: ORIGINAL LINE-UP OF BLACK SABBATH HAVE REFORMED

The original line-up of Black Sabbath have reformed and have begun rehearsing for a forthcoming tour and possible new album. While the MetalTalk.net troops converged on Bloodstock Festival, the spies went further afield to find Bill Ward and Geezer Butler lurking around in another part of the Midlands and today, we bring you our best ever exclusive and can tell you first that the original Black Sabbath line-up have reunited. A decision was made fourteen days ago and this morning (Monday 15th August), Ozzy Osbourne, Tony Iommi, Geezer ('it will never happen') Butler, and Bill Ward gathered in their secret rehearsal studio and began the process of putting the show back on the road. Much, much more to follow on this story. For now, the original line-up of Black Sabbath have reformed and will be back in action very soon...

Re: BLACK SABBATH reunites with original lineup?

:O

I hope this is true!

When did they split up?  :huh:

Plus,

Night Prowler said:
possible new album.

I have a laugh at those who believe this. I have read about this "possible new album" since 1997. I won't believe a thing before I actually hear it.

When they went with Dio? And stopped touring with Ozzy? Also I thought that Bill Ward left the band quite a long time ago.

I always understood it that way that they officially put Black Sabbath on hold then, but never split up. They said that in a number of interviews. Also, Bill Ward never left, he just said he doesn't want to participate in Heaven and Hell, and thought that was Vinnie Appice's spot.

Oh. I never knew he ever reunited with Sabbath.

The Iommi/Osbourne/Butler/Ward lineup reunited in 1997 and did cabaret tours until 2007.

Oh I didn't know it lasted that long. But for awhile it seemed like Ozzy and Ward were done with Sabbath. I'm not saying they were, but it felt that way to me.

I really hope this is true. I would love to see Sabbath once in my life.

IT'S OFFICIAL!

Black Sabbath to reform with original line-up and new studio album

THE most closely guarded secret in rock music can be revealed – the original Black Sabbath line-up is getting back together. Ozzy Osbourne, Tony Iommi, Geezer Butler and Bill Ward have begun rehearsing for a tour and new studio album. In June this year vocalist Ozzy and guitarist Iommi wrote new material for a record that will be released next year.
‘‘We’re really looking forward to it and I think the stuff we’ve been writing is really good,’’ said 63-year-old Iommi. ‘‘It’s more back to the old original stuff.’’
He added that the reunion has been kept under wraps for some time.
‘‘It’s all been very hush-hush. Ozzy’s been the worst at trying to hold it back. He’s doing a lot of TV and he’s being asked stuff about a reunion and he’s going ‘well I never say never’.
‘‘He told me, ‘I don’t know what to say’.’’
‘‘I had umpteen number of people on the phone asking if I fancied getting together with a band but I couldn’t tell them what I was doing. I just had to say I was busy.’’
Iommi said his only concern about the current reformation was the health of drummer Bill Ward who in the past has suffered a heart attack.
‘‘He hasn’t been 100 per cent. He had an operation a few months ago, so we’ll see how he is.’’

YESSSSS :yey:

Fantastic news ! Looking forward to the album and the tour  :rocker:

BLACK SABBATH guitarist Tony Iommi has released the following statement regarding the reports of a reunion of the band's original lineup:

"I'm saddened that a Birmingham journalist whom I trusted has chosen this point in time to take a conversation we had back in June and make it sound like we spoke yesterday about a BLACK SABBATH reunion.

"At the time I was supporting the Home Of Metal exhibition was merely speculating shooting the breeze on something all of us get asked constantly, 'Are you getting back together?'

"Thanks to the Internet it's now gone round the world as some sort of 'official' statement on my part; absolute nonsense. I hope he's enjoyed his moment of glory, he won't have another at my expense.

"To my old pals, Ozzy, Geezer and Bill, sorry about this, I should have known better."

The original SABBATH lineup has not toured together since summer 2005, and last convened for their induction into the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame in early 2006.

SABBATH did try to record a new album 12 years ago, their first since 1978, but abandoned the attempt after just a couple of songs.
Source: http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbe ... mID=162068

Damn! I was so excited about that, but I almost felt it was too good to be true at the same time.

shocked+to+find+gaming.jpg

I'm not a betting man, but I would wager that should the original lineup EVER perform together again, it would be in a farewell show. I think this is even unlikely.

Too good to be true?
Let's put some things into perspective.

1. Sabbath tours with sick old man with terrible wife, fucks up Maiden's show, does not release album.
2. Sabbath tours with the great Dio, is not allowed to be called Sabbath, does release an album
3. Dio dies
4. A year later, Sabbath collaborates with sick old man with terrible wife.

Very satisfying, I am so enthusiastic about this amazing progress.

Back