ISIS Thread

Jordan could be a very powerful member of the coalition. Arabic forces need to contribute.

Lovely

Islamic State militants 'burn to death 45 in Iraq'

Jihadist militants from Islamic State (IS) have burned to death 45 people in the western Iraqi town of al-Baghdadi, the local police chief says.

Exactly who these people were and why they were killed is not clear, but Col Qasim al-Obeidi said he believed some were members of the security forces.

IS fighters captured much of the town, near Ain al-Asad air base, last week.

^This. Obviously written by somebody who knows what he's talking about.

Would someone find and post (copy-paste) this* part (if there is one)?
Here’s what that means for its strategy—and for how to stop it.*
I am especially interested in the "how to stop it" part, since I don't expect anything terribly revealing in the rest. And I'll admit that I am a bit sceptic that it is another "yes the West is doing this wrong" piece. That's not new, and feels as just being negative without getting anywhere.

It is worth the entire read, for it is extremely long, but extremely good. And while it does explain that the West has made mistakes, it also points out the strengths of the current strategy. But it explains what ISIS is.

I am especially interested in the "how to stop it" part, since I don't expect anything terribly revealing in the rest. And I'll admit that I am a bit sceptic that it is another "yes the West is doing this wrong" piece. That's not new, and feels as just being negative without getting anywhere.

I recommend you read the entire article, because while it does offer suggestions about "how to stop it", these suggestions don't make much sense without the background the rest of the article provides.

Will do. Thanks guys. I understand that the suggestions need context, but I am curious to see a good balance between them.

It is a highly insightful read, and I am sure you will benefit from it.

They are trying to convince the West to attack the Islamic State because they LITERALLY believe that LOSING to an army of "Rome" will bring on the final apocalypse. Holy shit.

They are trying to convince the West to attack the Islamic State because they LITERALLY believe that LOSING to an army of "Rome" will bring on the final apocalypse. Holy shit.

Not exactly. They want to win this battle: The armies of Islam will meet them, and Dabiq will be Rome’s Waterloo or its Antietam.
At some later point, they expect Dajjal who will rout the Muslims until only 5,000 are left. That's the apocalypse.

Back