Iron Maiden video interviews / shows

I always enjoy Davey interviews a lot. Steve and Bruce interviews can get a little boring sometimes because they are the ones doing most press.
Yes, Davey interviews are less common. In fact, when I first started to get into Maiden I once asked the boyfriend "has anyone outside the band ever heard Dave Murray speak?". And after a minute's thought he replied "occasionally, when the rest of the band runs off and abandons him."

So I ran a YouTube search for "Dave Murray speaks" to find a few examples. And would you believe it, his voice sounds just exactly how I imagined it would.
:)

Mini-documentary on the making of TFF album (probably already posted somewhere, back in the mists of time ...). Bruce turns eerily prophetic right at the end:

If I remember correctly, this was the documentary that came with the special edition of the album, which does not seem to work anymore. Thanks for sharing the video!

I bought the ITunes LP which was out at the time and the interview was a part of that too. They've since replaced it on ITunes with the 2015 remasters, so ITunes effectively deleted my own product from my account and replaced it with the 2015 remaster.

Luckily I had it backed up, but that's just another example of why digital formats are a load of bollocks.

are you sure it's 60 minutes on maiden and not the 20 minute FOTD EPK + some minutes of other bands?
Well it's written on the sticker : 60 minutes Monster Maiden Special. According with the picture I think it could belongs to their North American Tour.

Last edited:
It isn't written on the same row which could be a marketing trick. And there's a lot of the actual tape missing from the drum so it's probably 60 minutes overall.

I have that Metal Hammer VHS, I'll check it out and let you know exactly what's on it.

EDIT:

Just had a quick scan through it there. I don't recognise it as being on Youtube, neither the full video nor short clips of the Maiden interviews, but that's not to say it isn't there, I just haven't seen it.

Yeah it's fairly rubbish, total running time is 60 mins, no donington footage, it was recorded in advance of it to promote the gig it seems. There's short interviews with Maiden shown through out the running time with 5-10 min slots from the other bands interspersed.

Short clips of the Promo videos, irritating as they put interviews in the middle of the track, i.e. they play a bit of the track, cut to the interview and then play a bit more of the track.
The Evil that Men Do
W.A.S.P. - The Idol + Hold on to my Heart
The Almighty - Free n Easy
Black Sabbath - Paranoid
Black Sabbath - TV Crimes
Megadeth - Symphony of Destruction
Be Quick or Be Dead
From Here to Eternity

There's a full video of some Thunder track from Donington 1990 shown, but I don't know the name of it and the name is not shown.

Last edited:
if it isn't on YouTube, you should archive it before the tape rots

I have it already, which is why I was able to check it so quickly :lol: It wasn't my own back up either, I got it from bootleg trading back in the day, so I'd imagine it's still around in bootleg circles, I guess the reason it looks like it hasn't appeared on youtube yet is because it's not very good.

I have it already, which is why I was able to check it so quickly :lol: It wasn't my own back up either, I got it from bootleg trading back in the day, so I'd imagine it's still around in bootleg circles, I guess the reason it looks like it hasn't appeared on youtube yet is because it's not very good.
Ah I see, will you upload it?

Back