Iron Maiden video interviews / shows

I knew that but haven't heard it in ages...

Kalata, a tip, go to iron maiden commentary site and read all the interviews. Stuff like this is there for sure.

I'm sorry that I post this video here, but I don't know for which specific thread it belongs. A nice ''live battle'' of solos by Adrian and Janick (originally played by Adrian).

There’s only one possible response to this:

66d1df97-85de-43a7-8576-439a996e5f76-gif.7706

I can't remember if this was ever posted here. I searched and could not find it:
Channel 4 special 1999, with 'Arry, Bruce, Paul Di'Anno, Rod and Dave.

Last edited:
I can't remember if this was ever posted here. I searched and could not find it:
Channel 4 special 1999, with 'Arry, Bruce, Paul Di'Anno, Rod and Dave.

I remember when that aired, I had the whole show on video and may have transferred it to dvd back in my bootleg trading days

They had a lot of.. shall we say interesting features in the first show in Prague that got ditched pretty much right after it. Those girls, Charlotte in the set, 1st album cover big Eddie...

I am so glad they dropped those cringeworthy and dodgy aspects of the show before the concert I went to...

I saw them in The Netherlands in 2005. I am pretty sure they would have been able to find willing participants for that dodgy stage show. Thankfully they dropped it before that show.

They also used random girls on parts of the Brave New World tour to be "burned" in a Wickerman during Iron Maiden but I think they dropped that also fairly quickly as the tour moved a long?

The burning girls were in the Rock in Rio DVD, which I think was the last show of the tour. Bruce, being the gentleman he is, burned with them.

Been a long time since I've seen Rock in Rio but you're right! So basically they used girls to be burned in the Wickerman for the entirety of the Brave New World tour?

Not as dodgy and cringeworthy as the Number of the Beast girls in 2005, but close :p

It's even funnier when you hear Bruce's comments about him thinking the BNW stage show was one of the better ones they've had. I mean, there's the cross on Sign of the Cross, a walk-on Eddie and some girls being burned. Kind of not seeing it, myself.

The light show was upgraded IIRC. Also his last couple of tours before that, from No Prayer on the Road to EHT, well he's kinda right. The band was in dumb-down state back then

Yeah, the light show was neat, they incorporated some interesting theatrical elements such as the mentioned burning cross to the show and there was some good attempt at making the whole thing look very etheric and otherworldy, a bit like a gloomier version of the 7th Son show approach. Or something.

But yeah, while the wicker man was a great idea (I still think that it would be cool if they revisited and revised that idea at some point) and the cross was cool, they outclassed that show quickly with all of the future tours, Give Me Ed and possibly Eddie Rips Up the World being the exceptions. Also, that walk-on Eddie was far from being one of their finest and it got some serious overuse back in the day. :D

Back