Iron Maiden video interviews / shows

I just added a few, harrisdevot!

EDIT:
@Ariana @Perun

"The Lost Factor" Iron Maiden in Sofia, Hristo Botev Hall, 1995! The third European gig and the second European country Maiden ever did with Blaze.

Professional recording! Did we ever see such a good recording of The Edge of Darkness @ 4:07???

Setlist:
1. Man On The Edge
2. The Edge Of Darkness
3. Fear Of The Dark
4. The Clairvoyant
5. The Number Of The Beast
6. Hallowed Be Thy Name
7. The Trooper
8. Iron Maiden
Important note: The sound in the song "Man On The Edge" is the studio sound from the album "The X Factor" (I don't know why). The creators of this DVD will surely know, so you should ask them ;))) The rest of the concert is 100% live. Quality is very good.

Last edited:

EDIT:
@Ariana @Perun

"The Lost Factor" Iron Maiden in Sofia, Hristo Botev Hall, 1995! The third European gig and the second European country Maiden ever did with Blaze.

Professional recording! Did we ever see such a good recording of The Edge of Darkness @ 4:07???

Setlist:
1. Man On The Edge
2. The Edge Of Darkness
3. Fear Of The Dark
4. The Clairvoyant
6. Hallowed Be Thy Name
7. The Trooper
8. Iron Maiden

My parents didn't let me go there. :(
Incidentally, 1995 was a huge year for us. Both Maiden and Metallica visited for the first time. Had to miss both on account of being dependent on my parents. I'd never do anything like that to my daughter.

EDIT:
@Ariana @Perun

Setlist:
1. Man On The Edge
2. The Edge Of Darkness
3. Fear Of The Dark
4. The Clairvoyant
6. Hallowed Be Thy Name
7. The Trooper
8. Iron Maiden

Was loving this vid and thought blaze sounded fantastic until number of the beast.... oh dear! You can hear him straining to hit notes his voice was just never meant to be able to reach. Then hallowed be thy name comes up and he butchers it. Sounds like a bad drunk guy shouting down the mic during karaoke night at my local.

Such a shame with blaze as I really like his voice and his two maiden albums suited his voice in my opinion. With a carefully selected set blaze would sound great live. Sadly a lot of the classics the fans want to hear live were written with Bruce's operatic voice in mind and blaze couldn't even get close.

I always thought despite the fact I really like blazes voice, love the X factor and like a lot of VXI if maiden had got a vocalist similar to Bruce who could nail any song off any album I don't think the reunion with Bruce would have ever happened.

His voice did not have the range for those songs, meanwhile the band played some of those songs so fast that he was not allowed to breathe properly. But if had they tuned the guitars down to D I believe that he could have done the old songs pretty good.
I don't think that he had the right range for the key in which many of the songs that Steve wrote for The X Factor and Virtual XI were performed in either. As an example of this, Sign of the Cross sounds much better than his version with Maiden when he sings it in on As Live As It Gets, but live with Maiden he struggled with the chorus.

Forostar has posted about the times he saw Blaze perform with Maiden, a post which I would recommend you to read. http://forum.maidenfans.com/threads/blaze-bayley.11859/page-32#post-566448

Last edited:
Is it wrong for me to really want an Ed force one tie??? Jeeeeez I'm showing my age.
Nope, I'd love an Ed Force One tie!
The men's one is a lot nicer than the women's ones.

Both ties are now available*! *Men's tie is currently sold out

http://ironmaiden.com/shop/edf1-crew-tie.html

main7154.jpg

http://ironmaiden.com/shop/ed-force-1-cabin-crew-scarf.html

main7155.jpg

Hmm very good (and somewhat original during some moments) singing indeed. I hadn't noticed it that well before.

Iron Maiden - Live in Reading 1982/08/28 [Reading Festival '82] Whole show!

By the way, for the ones who hadn't noticed it or don't know the official release (which contains part of the show), this includes a very interesting version of Transylvania. Want to hear how the trio of Adrian, Steve and Clive sounds like? Dave's guitar falls away for about 40 seconds. Pretty cool if you ask me.

Last edited:
Check this out (e.g. @Saapanael and @CriedWhenBrucieLeft )
Janick also plays the solo. And if you listen well to the studio version, there is more than one thing going on. I always thought it was just Dave (with either some delay effect or simply doing two takes), but now I am beginning to believe these are two solos at the same time by Dave and Janick! I must have not paid enough attention in 1998!
]
They released it as a B-side too (The Wicker Man single):
The way that Janick hits the strings and how he does the bends sounds a bit different to the studio version to my ears.

Last edited:
Aces High without Adrian in 1999, Janick does the second solo.
Hi, everyone just a quick word about the gig in Toronto. This concert was one of the ones that Adrian would have to miss because he had to fly back to England for personal reasons. Therefore the mighty Maiden were reduced to a fivesome.

The gig was great fun as always with a fantastic audience reaction even though we were pyro-less [due to fire restrictions in the hall] and due to a rather smaller stage than usual without our ginormous stupendous stage show. Regardless of all this we all had a brilliant time. There were only a few problems; one being me mistakenly nicking some of Davey's solos in mistaken belief that that they were Adrian's. As the neo fascist, slightly to the right of Attilla the Hun, tour dictator Dickie Bell has often said "Janick will solo [or twiddle as Dick sees it] over anything, even another solo", [oops sorry Dave!]. Anyway with Adrian not there, I was just a little dazed and confused as to which solo was whose.
- Janick Gers, 23rd July, 1999.
http://web.archive.org/web/20010506...den.com/maiden/news/gigreports/janick24'7.htm
Edit:

I found recordings of Killers and Powerslave with Janick playing the solos as well!

Janick's Powerslave solo sounded really cool. :)

Last edited:
Huh @TheTalisman I posted all this (or the vids at least) in the song topics (see Killers, Powerslave, Aces High). I guess you must have seen that, or else this is a huge coincidence? But this was a better place perhaps. :)

Nice find, that Janick diary entry.

They released it as a B-side too (The Wicker Man single):
The way that Janick hits the strings and how he does the bends sounds a bit different to the studio version to my ears.
Yes, I think Janick does not do this on the studio version. @CriedWhenBrucieLeft

Last edited:
Still the best version of Hallowed. Dave's sound at the beginning is great, and Bruce nails the end.
This show gets a bad reputation because of the theatrics, but musically speaking it is great, especially when they are "in the thick of it" ("2MTM", "AFTS" and "HCW" sequence) and it is the only high quality recording (though not really official) to feature "Transylvania" if I'm not mistaken.

Back