Iron Maiden video interviews / shows

I think this was shot for official VHS. There are simply too many cameras, and origin is not TV broadcast.
Different soundboard-based audio bootleg exists, with a (significantly) better sound quality. It would be fun putting them together.

I think this was shot for official VHS. There are simply too many cameras, and origin is not TV broadcast.
Different soundboard-based audio bootleg exists, with a (significantly) better sound quality. It would be fun putting them together.

Do it!

I've never seen the full gig so can't really tell...if this was shot for official VHS I wonder how it leaked?

Another great one from this tour is the Curitiba, Brazil one. That one IS TV produced as far as I know. I thought they looked similar.

Yep, Curitiba is also good, but the low-end of the sound is heavily distorted.
Here's whole Buenos Aires 1998 show :

Notice there are cameramen running on stage, below stage, behind Nicko.
Anyways, going to mix better audio when I get my hands on lossless video version.

Thanks for the whole video!. I agree there is a lot of different camera angles and it is VERY nicely filmed indeed. The fact that cameramen run around behind Nicko is not that peculiar though? Couldn't they just as well be TV crew? ;) Another pro shot show like Milan 1993 also has quite a lot of different cameras. Behind Nicko, from the side, from the audience, one from the ceiling, one from each side of the stage - and that one is TV.

The Buenos Aires video is kinda shadowy, grainy. Would a lossless video version clear it up and make the picture quality better? And how hard is it to obtain?

It's not rare. It can be found on DC++ hub, but it isn't available ATM.
Perhaps footage was envisioned for web site. Who knows...

Youtube tends to screw up sound and resolution, rarely color balance. Sometimes video can be post-processed for better results. I can't say anything until I lay my hands on the original.

Alright cool! Yeah that is possible. Although Blaze is waving a handheld camera around during Sanctuary, filming the audience, telling them that THAT footage will go on the website. I wonder if it ever did :D

By the way, don't they film EVERY show they do?

Nowadays. Don't know when they started, though.
Digital storage wasn't cheap in 1998.

Back