1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Iron Maiden video interviews / shows

Discussion in 'Maiden Chat' started by Forostar, Aug 19, 2007.

1. GhostofCain

GhostofCain Ancient Mariner

How many arenas did they play on the whole US tour? I am now curious. Thanks in advance!

On a related note, it would be interesting to see the boxscores for that tour.

2. Zare

Zare Dream of broken citadels

3. soundwave

soundwave Educated Fool

That's an interesting venue selection as some are arenas and others (Martime Hall and Bogart's are clubs). I wonder what their attendance figures were like in those larger places.

4. Whooten

Whooten Educated Fool

Attendance at Maritime Hall was 0 because it was cancelled. I attended a few shows there and it held about 2,500.

5. Forostar

Forostar Conjure the Death Star again

I have posted this one before, but I would not mind giving it attention again: I believe this is the very interview that Sharon must have been enraged about. The day after, the last Ozzfest gig happened at San Bernardino and Eggfest happened. Just watch what Bruce says, around the 4th minute, it is a literal sneer towards Ozzy's reality TV activities. Also: love (again) how he reacts when Janick is called Adrian by the interviewer. Janick stays a friendly gentleman.

Here the other interviews:

6. Forostar

Very recent interview with Doug Sampson! Very nice to hear the early days from his perspective.

And here an audio interview with Bruce, May 19th, 1992, eight days after the release of the FOTD album. Very good insightful interview. About the album (explains well why he likes it), about Janick (how much he has grown, in White Spirit, Gillan and what led to Janick leaving Gillan, his input on the album), songs, the writing with Janick. Writing with Dave, e.g. Judas Be My Guide @CriedWhenBrucieLeft check that out!

Also, Bruce talks about No Prayer. You'll find out why and how different the album productions were, between No Prayer and FOTD. And again he focuses on the important role of Janick in the band (also comparing an aspect with Adrian).

Last edited: Sep 22, 2017
  7. CriedWhenBrucieLeft

CriedWhenBrucieLeft Ancient Mariner

"It just sounded instantly like Iron Maiden, just Davey on his own. It was fascinating" ~ Bruce Dickinson

TheTalisman and Forostar like this.
  8. Forostar

Hell yes.

TheTalisman likes this.
  9. TheTalisman

TheTalisman F├ągel

Dave should try to send a tape to Bruce again.

10. CriedWhenBrucieLeft

I've said it before & I'll say it again: Dave is a great song-writer. I just wish he either brought more to the table or they used more of it. Also kinda sad not to see stuff he's penned on live setlists any more.

11. Zare

Zare Dream of broken citadels

I think his stuff largely lands on the records. Harris said they'd been discarding McBrain inputs for some time but when Murray brings a song, quoting "once in a blue moon", it's a great track.

12. Srogyy

Srogyy Ancient Mariner

Maiden documentaries now on their official YT! Cool!

Lego and Forostar like this.
  13. Niall Kielt

Niall Kielt Pulled Her At The Bottle Top

Means theres a new installment due, I would say

Forostar likes this.
  14. Magnus

Magnus Ancient Mariner

Part One: 1:30:33
    Part Two: 58:39
    Part Three: 40:00

A pattern?

15. CriedWhenBrucieLeft

I think you may be right. My guess is the next one will be called Part Four.

frus, Bombusbombus and Magnus like this.
  16. Magnus

Magnus Ancient Mariner

17. CriedWhenBrucieLeft

That's assuming Steve & Rod can't count.

18. Ruflux

Ruflux Nomad

The next one will indeed be called Part Four, cover the entire '90-'17 era and be exactly 10 minutes in length. Most of which will be dedicated to Trooper beer and Ed Force One.

Magnus likes this.
  19. Magnus

Magnus Ancient Mariner

And monkeys.

20. Poto

Poto Ancient Mariner

Hopefully. Maybe they will combine it with the tour next year? Legacy of the Beast with a lot of songs from Live at Donington.