Iron Maiden Tour 2025 - Discussion

So even if this is true (and it's not), their label would ask them to not release any album (= 0 copies sold) instead of releasing one (= 200.000.000 copies sold) because someone else is selling more?

It makes no sense in any way you look at it, apart from the fact that's completely untrue.
A lot of french artists are always touring without doing a new record. Because it's more profitable than recording something new and having a lot of trouble selling the product. This is the case for 95% of pop singers from the 80s here in France. There is special tour, organized by three labels, that lasts for 10 years. This special tour is called Stars 80. And most of the singers that participates to these shows have never recorded an album again since the late 80's or early 90's. So, what I'm saying is not false. This is true for french artist. And what is true for french singers can also be true for big machines like Maiden. Don't forget that Iron Maiden is more a touring machine than a recording one, even it released 17th albums since 1980. And see all the greatest hits tour the band has done since the 90's. You have the 1st one which is The Real Live Tour, The Ed Huntour, Give Me Ed Tour, The Early Days Tour, The Somewhere Back In Time Tour, Maiden England Tour, The Legacy Of The Beast Tour and now The Future Past Tour. There are more greatest hits tour in the last 20 years than album tours. So, my words make sense when I'm writing that maybe the label is more interested in Maiden making money by selling a huge amount of tickets and merchandising and promoting the past records the label has in its catalog and that sold very well than doing a record that could be very divisive like 'The X Factor' or 'Senjutsu'.

Last edited:
Share the numbers and your source, please. I am interested.
I can't (unless the numbers are already somewhere on the web, but I'm starting to work right now so I can't check).

The source is Pollstar, the site which receive the numbers directly from the promoters. You have to pay to access them anyway (that's why I can't share them).

I'll just say that the turnout for the 2 LA shows is not even enough to fill The Forum once.

So now the fact they haven't recorded anything is a proof that they will release a new album? That's a whole other level of marketing then
You never know with Iron Maiden. Who would have thought that Maiden could have recorded a new album four years only after 'The Book Of Souls' and between legs of a Greatest Hits tour (The Legacy Of The Beast) ? Even if there are things leaking, no one can ever know 100% what is going on in the Iron Maiden factory. The only things we know are : Bruce told us in 2021 that the band had in plan to book another studio after the Guillaume Tell to record an 18th album and that Bruce and Steve want to do some new music with Iron Maiden. We also know that Steve, Adrian, Dave and Janick aren't busy with other projects now. Only Bruce will do a tour for The Mandrake Project. Nicko is still recovering from last year stroke and isn't 100% ready yet. But, it doesn't mean Steve is not preparing something special for Maiden's 50th anniversary. The best present the band could offer to the fans would be a new album. Maybe it's on the move now. Who knows ?

A lot of french artists are always touring without doing a new record. Because it's more profitable than recording something new and having a lot of trouble selling the product. This is the case for 95% of pop singers from the 80s here in France. There is special tour, organized by three labels, that lasts for 10 years. This special tour is called Stars 80. And most of the singers that participates to these shows have never recorded an album again since the late 80's or early 90's. So, what I'm saying is not false. This is true for french artist. And what is true for french singers can also be true for big machines like Maiden. Don't forget that Iron Maiden is more a touring machine than a recording one, even it released 17th albums since 1980. And see all the greatest hits tour the band has done since the 90's. You have the 1st one which is The Real Live Tour, The Ed Huntour, Give Me Ed Tour, The Early Days Tour, The Somewhere Back In Time Tour, Maiden England Tour, The Legacy Of The Beast Tour and now The Future Past Tour. There are more greatest hits tour in the last 20 years than album tours. So, my words make sense when I'm writing that maybe the label is more interested in Maiden making money by selling a huge amount of tickets and merchandising and promoting the past records the label has in its catalog and that sold very well than doing a record that could be very divisive like 'The X Factor' or 'Senjutsu'.

All good, but the label has nothing to do with their tours. The promoters and the labels are two separate things. If anything, the label would want them to tour a new album instead of doing a greatest hits tour.

All good, but the label has nothing to do with their tours. The promoters and the labels are two separate things. If anything, the label would want them to tour a new album instead of doing a greatest hits tour.
It's not really two separated things, because on the merchandising stand you can buy their former CDs that have been reissued by the labels that worked on these shows with the promoters. So, the business is double in the case of Stars 80. The shows help labels to sell more CDs from artists back catalogues.

I never saw a single CD on sale at the merch stand.
Not on Iron Maiden merch stands. But, here in Europe, some bands are selling their CDs on their merch stands. That's how I can buy some CDs that I didn't have in my collection. For example, during some shows, I've bought the CDs of Brainstorm in 2004 and Nocturnal Rites the same year on the merchandising stand. The same for other bands during some other shows in the first decade of the 2000's. Then, it was more complicated, but there are still bands that are selling their older CDs on the merch stand with their shirts and hoodies.

Also, we shouldn't forget that TBOS tour is their 2nd best selling tour after LOTB.
The Book of Souls tour had the benefit of being the first tour after Bruce’s illness, when we didn’t know if we’d ever see Maiden again.

I was at the 2016 Madison Square Garden show. The entire place was so emotionally charged. The whole concert was like a release of pure joy. One guy next to me, whom I didn’t know, out of the blue hugged me twice during bad-ass moments of the show.

We were so happy Maiden was alive and back.

"Même si, nuance Olivier Cochet chez Sony, on vend moins à la sortie d'un opéra qu'avec un concert ou un récital reprenant le programme du disque."

In english : "Even if, says Olivier Cochet from Sony, we sell less with the release the CD of an opera than with a show or a recital being exactly the same as on the record."

In english : "Even if, says Olivier Cochet from Sony, we sell less with the release the CD of an opera than with a show or a recital being exactly the same as on the record."

Maiden's new albums will still sell well worldwide. They're not in the same situation as some of those other legacy bands. Some bands don't make new albums because they can no longer make money from them. Maiden still makes good money from new albums. Plus they sell lots of concert tickets whether they tour a new album or greatest hits. Plus they're still creatively fertile and like making new music.

Back