Iron Maiden Tour 2025 - Discussion

1710350512015.png

And honestly, they might have not sold out Twickenham but it was still pretty damn full. Considering the Olympic Stadium is like 20k seats smaller, I'd say they would be able to fill it. I think it would be nice for them to do a concert at West Ham's stadium for the sentimental value it would hold.

View attachment 34959

And honestly, they might have not sold out Twickenham but it was still pretty damn full. Considering the Olympic Stadium is like 20k seats smaller, I'd say they would be able to fill it. I'd think it would be nice for them to do a concert at West Ham's stadium for the sentimental value it would hold.

The pitch is bigger than Twickenham. The cap for shows at the Olympic Stadium is usually 65/70k. If Maiden doesn't change the stage structure it could be less. It's not like selling out 2 O2 Arena, but it's not impossible either.

Anyway, Rammstein use to barely fill arenas in most of the markets and after a couple of year they become the Metal act who sells more tickets right now.

Maiden right now is a stadium band and it's undeniable. I mean, even if FPT 2023 was basically all arenas, how many bands could sell out every single show, festival included?
It's a stretch. In some countries like Sweden - yes, but overall - no. Maiden is a strong arena (10 000 - 20 000) level band with a stadium level spikes in some markets, imo. Metallica, AC/DC, GNR and Rammstein are stadium level bands.
Again, look how much Maiden invests into stadium level shows. THEY USE THE SAME SETUP AS IN ARENAS. Which is way too small and not impressive for a stadium show. Period. It means only one thing, they see themselves most comfortable monetarily there (in arenas). And look how much Rammstein invests into their stadium shows. Case closed.

They played at the Metropolitano in Madrid in 2018 (74k),
48,689 tickets sold.
Germany: Stuttgart 2022 (wasn't a stadium but it was supposed to be a stadium, which was also smaller). That adds up to Cologne (40k), Berlin (20k), Bremen (35k) and Frankfurt (30k) on the same year.
Køln was 37,294 Stuttgart 42,956, Bremen 34,983, Berlin 20,810 and Frankfurt 30,159.

It's a stretch. In some countries like Sweden - yes, but overall - no. Maiden is a strong arena (10 000 - 20 000) level band with a stadium level spikes in some markets, imo. Metallica, AC/DC, GNR and Rammstein are stadium level bands.
Again, look how much Maiden invests into stadium level shows. THEY USE THE SAME SETUP AS IN ARENAS. Which is way too small and not impressive for a stadium show. Period. It means only one thing, they see themselves most comfortable monetarily there (in arenas). And look how much Rammstein invests into their stadium shows. Case closed.
In Latin America, they're stadium band, and some shows in other territories went stadium-size. Their position in Europe is solid - many stadium shows year after year, leg after leg, and headlining the big festivals. Typical arena band they are in North America, Oceania, Japan.

As I said, in some markets as Sweden and Latin America - yes, but overall - no. My main argument: they don't invest into stadium level shows, because there's too much risk for them to lose money. And in some way they are cheating when they are playing stadium show, because stage setup is of arena's level.

As I said, in some markets as Sweden and Latin America - yes, but overall - no. My main argument: they don't invest into stadium level shows, because there's too much risk for them to lose money. And in some way they are cheating when they are playing stadium show, because stage setup is of arena's level.
If they invest more in stadium-level stage finally more and more people would attend their shows. The full circle.

... and there's no problem with naming the countries in which IM played stadium-size/open-air headlining shows around the globe. Almost 95% of the 65 countries they visited since 1980, just played once or many times their big shows excluding festivals. Facts are Facts. Bands such as Rammstein are based on overwhelming shows/pyro/controversies to attract more and more people.

The stage setup has absolutely nothing to do with their status. The fact they don't want to invest on a bigger production doesn't mean anything. Yeah, of course it suits the arenas better (I would say 90% of every stage production works better indoor), but look at the 2008 or 2022 legs. Those were basically stadiums and festivals only (and festivals has the same exact stage structure used for stadiums). If we look at it from the money side, it's so damn profitable for Maiden to play huge shows with the same old stuff: less costs, more incomes. Rammstein stage is cool, but it's also EXPENSIVE AS F*K. You can either spend 10 on the production and earn 15 or spend 5 and earn 15 anyway. That's what Maiden do. With the rising costs of everything I doubt they will dramatically change something, but again, it has nothing to do with not filling up stadiums. They do. And, even when they don't play in stadiums, they still play festivals, which as I said it's the same thing.

It's a bit of a shame, because with their imaginery and their money they can surely put out the biggest and best stage production ever, but it's not that convenient for them, especially at this point (they would need to tour a lot more in order to just break even). That being said, LOTB was a nice attempt at renewing the stage without actually changing it.

Anyway, we'll see what they will do next year. Let's just say "some" speculations about next year seem to be correct...

The stage setup has absolutely nothing to do with their status. The fact they don't want to invest on a bigger production doesn't mean anything. Yeah, of course it suits the arenas better (I would say 90% of every stage production works better indoor), but look at the 2008 or 2022 legs. Those were basically stadiums and festivals only (and festivals has the same exact stage structure used for stadiums). If we look at it from the money side, it's so damn profitable for Maiden to play huge shows with the same old stuff: less costs, more incomes. Rammstein stage is cool, but it's also EXPENSIVE AS F*K. You can either spend 10 on the production and earn 15 or spend 5 and earn 15 anyway. That's what Maiden do. With the rising costs of everything I doubt they will dramatically change something, but again, it has nothing to do with not filling up stadiums. They do. And, even when they don't play in stadiums, they still play festivals, which as I said it's the same thing.

It's a bit of a shame, because with their imaginery and their money they can surely put out the biggest and best stage production ever, but it's not that convenient for them, especially at this point (they would need to tour a lot more in order to just break even). That being said, LOTB was a nice attempt at renewing the stage without actually changing it.

Anyway, we'll see what they will do next year. Let's just say "some" speculations about next year seem to be correct...
You are right, just check the tour schedules - so many big festivals, open-air shows, and stadiums. As I said R+ is a different animal. Everything around them is based on effects and then (eventually) the music, so same as KISS. I hope Iron Maiden will announce the big shows around Europe and finally their stage show will be bigger.

So, unless Bruce's "early next year" is estremely vague, I doubt we'll see a new Maiden album before late 2026 - at least.
Which means the next tour could either be the third FP leg or another "greatest hits" tour. I'm personally more inclined to the 2nd possibility... :innocent:

I think we might see somenthing like this:

May
Athens, Greece - O.A.C.A. Olympic Indoor Hall
Thessaloniki, Greece - Paok Sports Arena
Prague, Czechia - Letnany Airport
Berlin, Germany - Olympiastadion
Gdansk, Poland - Polsat Plus Arena Gdańsk
Helsinki, Finland - Olympic Stadium

June
Gothenburg, Sweden - Ullevi Stadium
Stavanger, Norway - Forus Travbane
Aarhus, Denmark - Ceres Park
Donington, UK - Download Festival
Dessel, Belgium - Graspop Metal Meeting
Weert, Netherlands - Evenemententerrein
Paris, France - Stade De France
Munich, Germany - Olympic Stadium
Klagenfurt, Austria - Hypo-Arena
Turin, Italy - Olympic Stadium

July
Lisbon, Portugal - Estadio do Restelo
Madrid, Spain - Estadio Civitas Metropolitano

I would guess a big London venue ahead of Download. I agree with the earlier comment, there's limited interest in Download lineups for fans of old school metal, and regular Downloadgoers have limited interest in Maiden. It really is the cabaret effect.

You can't lose with London. It's easy to get to, you can visit the place as well as the gig, plus there's always the reputation for it being Maiden's home patch.

Back