IRON MAIDEN TO BRING THE STUNNING MAIDEN ENGLAND WORLD TOUR TO EUROPE IN 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Founds some vids. Here is one of the funnier Bruce moments of yesterday's gig. And a good filming perspective since you see the guys playing in the background Check 2.21-3.21 and watch Bruce trying to get noise from the audience with his cap:
Here some more songs:
ATSS (check the nice interaction between the three amigos from 3:35 and in particular Janick and Adrian, right before Jan's solo!:

SSOASS:

The Prisoner (Bruce on Fire!):

Moonchild

More:
https://www.youtube.com/user/Tooligan86/videos

Iron Maiden show on Sunday on Graspop Metal Meeting might get streamed here: http://www.skynet.be/nl/festivals/graspop-2013/live-stream
I followed Graspop streams last 2 years and we probably won't know if Maiden get streamed until the show starts.
its-something.jpg

Sky Arts 1 has highlights of Download on this Saturday and Sunday from 11pm UK time, but I've still yet to find anyone who has access to it.

Sky arts Highlights page has been updated with a band list; http://skyarts.sky.com/download-2013-highlights
Show 1
Slipknot
Rammstein
Queens of the Stone Age
Iron Maiden
Korn
Black Stone Cherry
Europe
Volbeat
Down
Dragonforce
Papa Roach
Enter Shikari
Asking Alexandria
Stone Sour
Mastodon

Show 2
Iron Maiden
Thirty Seconds to Mars
Motorhead
Slipknot
Rammstein
Bullet for my Valentine
Limp Bizkit
Alice in Chains
Gaslight Anthem
Parkway Drive
Gogol Bordello
Five Finger Death Punch
A Day to Remember
Young Guns
Stone Sour
Cancer Bats
Ghost
Heavens Basement
Jimmy Heat World
Sacred Mother Tongue
The Ghost Inside
Airborne
Rival Sons
Amon Armath
Masters of Reality
Graveyard

Watched the Sky Arts Download Highlights...

I have tried to avoid personal preferences as my opinions on other bands matters not the big scheme of things. Suffice to say they didn't show a lot of what I saw at the time, and I have very few regrets!

There were insipid interviews with most bands mentioned, which sucked like a Dyson in my humble opinion. Perhaps some sort of disclaimer at the start of the show along the lines of "Every band featured in this broadcast stated that Download was their favourite festival ever and also were at pains to underline how much of a privilege it is to get to play there, now we have time to play three more bloody songs" might have helped.

So Show One went with Slipknot (two songs), Black Stone Cherry, ad break,

Korn, Rise To Remain (snippet, gosh, their singer looks familiar!), Architects (snippet), 3 Doors Down (snippet) Europe (snippet, bet you can't guess which song ;)), ad break,

Volbeat (two songs), Down, ad break , (one hour mark)

Rammstein, (I thought this was particularly well shot,) Dragonforce, Papa Roach (who had to lead the crowd in chanting their own band name, which was rather embarrassing), ad break,

Enter Shikari, (blissfully unaware their bassist is a cock), Uriah Heep (around 3-4 seconds or so!), Lit (snippet), UFO, (a snippet of Doctor Doctor), Escape The Fate, (snippet), ad break,

Asking Alexandria, Stone Sour, ad break (yeah, I know, even I was checking my watch and mouthing "whaddabluddyhell?!")

Queens of the Stone Age (two songs), ad break

Thunder (snippety snip), Black Star Riders (snippet), Coal Chamber (snippet), Karnivool (snippet), Mastodon, ad break,

Spitfire!, Iron Maiden (Phantom of the Opera, Fear of the Dark)

The snippets were particularly annoying, basically stating we don't have enough time to do these bands justice, so we'll do them an injustice instead. I swear the interview with Architects was longer than the sliver of the song they put on the air...

If anyone here plans to go to Croatia this summer, there is a show in Zagreb on July 31st, and from 1 to 7 July, the promoter will be selling tickets at half price due to Croatia entering the EU, so the general standing area tickets will be available at about 20 € instead of 40 €. I generally never buy tickets in advance, so me and my whole group of friends (two car loads) will be getting them at this price, and also Dream Theater tickets for February 2014. :D

Anyway, if anyone is planning this, you can get them at Eventim.hr online.

First off im glad this can be my first post such good news haha. on the download highlights on sky arts airbourne confirmed in an interview that iron maiden filmed their download gig for dvd. i made sure i didnt mishear so rewind twice lol. for those who dont have sky arts there you go.

One day to go until Maiden ... anyone have an idea what the shirts will sell for here ... want to make sure I bring enough cash

I thought 30 euro in Germany and Netherlands. Around 130 zloty?

That is about what I was thinking they were $35-ish in the US, so I was planning on $40 as a worst case which would be 120-130 zloty. There is a show in Lodz tonight, going to try to find out what they charged there, assume it will be the same here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back