Iron Maiden to announce UK dates on Thursday 11 November!

is it true that Ticketmaster pre-sale tickets (made available to IM fan club members) are often worse tickets than those which become available to the general public later? I heard on the official IM forums that some FC members feel they have been given crap tickets in pre-sales.

Hawkmoon said:
is it true that Ticketmaster pre-sale tickets (made available to IM fan club members) are often worse tickets than those which become available to the general public later? I heard on the official IM forums that some FC members feel they have been given crap tickets in pre-sales.

Haven't anything about that. Thankfully if there are issues they shouldn't affect me as I'll be standing.

Hawkmoon said:

It totally depends.  I've had better seats via the presale than the regular sale and vice versa.  For me, it's nice to have the peace of mind of knowing that I in fact have a ticket, regardless of where it may be.

Note to those who think Iron Maiden will do some stadium shows:

The times of year available are January and Autumn/Winter, do you honestly think they'll do an outdoor show at those times of year? Stadium shows are for one-offs, so the won't play at Twickenham, Wembley Stadium or the Millenium Stadium. They'll do an arena tour, and I'm hoping for January.

Hopefully the tickets won't go on sale first thing on Friday or first thing a week on Thursday as I have tests at those times. :down:

Before the general sale of their previous UK tour they did a second presale with a code from their website. That presale only lasted for a couple of days, but it meant I could buy my ticket early.

Black Wizard said:
Note to those who think Iron Maiden will do some stadium shows:

The times of year available are January and Autumn/Winter, do you honestly think they'll do an outdoor show at those times of year? Stadium shows are for one-offs, so the won't play at Twickenham, Wembley Stadium or the Millenium Stadium. They'll do an arena tour, and I'm hoping for January.

From the last announcement:
Maiden will undertake a full European Tour in the summer of 2011

I am hoping for an arena tour too though, and if the announcement is for another festival I'll be pretty gutted.

Hawkmoon said:

At the shows I've attended in California, the fan club presales generally have been very good tickets.  I've been at or close to the front all but once.  That is not a statistically valid sampling, of course, but it's been my experience that the fan club pre-sales have justified the annual dues. 

national acrobat said:
From the last announcement:
Maiden will undertake a full European Tour in the summer of 2011
I am hoping for an arena tour too though, and if the announcement is for another festival I'll be pretty gutted.
Ah, I stand corrected then. Summer is a rubbish time for arena tours though, so who knows what will happen. It looks like the tour details haven't been leaked onto this site though as they were in 2006.

If the NEC or LG arena or whatever its called is on the list, then hopefully be heading that way. Was there in 2006 for AMOLAD and liked the venue :edmetal:

it's a wierd place to find this out, but on the Van Halen forum I was told that Laz confirmed there would only be two U.S. dates.(florida)

he is the forumadmin who also posts perioically on the official website. A specific article I remember him writing was the one about H's stolen guitar.

Ah, I see. Well, like it's been said on here already, with 2 and a half months of off time after the Florida dates, I'm quite certain we'll get a full NA tour.

Travis_AKA_fonzbear2000 said:
Ah, I see. Well, like it's been said on here already, with 2 and a half months of off time after the Florida dates, I'm quite certain we'll get a full NA tour.

Except that people in their mid-50s need to rest, too.

Still waiting....and hoping for more N.A dates.  At least maybe they will announce the U.K/Euro shows, with the same type of disclaimer: "We haven't forgot our North American fans, stay tuned for more announcements"....

Laz also runs the fan club.

I gotta admit, I wouldn't be shocked to see no US tour dates at all aside from the Florida shows.  And if there ARE going to be US shows, they aren't going to be known until long after those FL shows are on sale.  That's the way they rope you in- announce 2 shows far away, folks travel thinking that's it, then they announce the rest.

But they just did a lengthy (at least what constitutes as a lengthy tour these days) in North America over the summer.  There are plenty other places in other countries that deserve to see them as well.

Going to stand by my prediction in another thread. Full N.A. tour after summer festivals. Late Summer/Fall. I cannot see them skipping N.A. on a tour that showcases an album that was #1 in Canada and hit #4 in the States, #4 being their highest charting album of all time.

A day break between shows isn't much when there giving there all. Bruce would probably suffer the most from a long tour, a day off here and there wont let his vocal chords heal from the beating they take. We all want Bruce's voice to last as long as possible right?

Back