Iron Maiden to announce UK dates on Thursday 11 November!

Looks like I will be visiting the O2 Arena for the first time ever.

I have no doubt they will. Most of these arenas are 12,000 or so (O2 is bigger, I think), and I can't see a problem with Maiden selling out these places.

There is still a huge gap in the schedule between Mid April (the 17th is the last date) and the end of July (the 30th). They can easily fit a 20-date NA tour AND another 10 shows in Europe in that time, with plenty of days off to rest. I can't really see them going on the 66 days around the world tour and then taking 2 and a half months off.

Albie said:
I have no doubt they will. Most of these arenas are 12,000 or so (O2 is bigger, I think), and I can't see a problem with Maiden selling out these places.

Yeah, if they are no bigger than that they should of course sell out. I was thinking they were in the range from 15,000 to 25,000.

Habberdasher said:
There is still a huge gap in the schedule between Mid April (the 17th is the last date) and the end of July (the 30th). They can easily fit a 20-date NA tour AND another 10 shows in Europe in that time, with plenty of days off to rest. I can't really see them going on the 66 days around the world tour and then taking 2 and a half months off.

For some reason people have really short memories.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Somewhere_ ... World_Tour

A 6-month break makes sense to me, but 2 months off does not, but I also read the dates wrong. The break is only one and a half months. So a short break, plus an extensive European tour before the already listed dates in Europe means probably no NA. My bad.

Eddies Wingman said:
Yeah, if they are no bigger than that they should of course sell out. I was thinking they were in the range from 15,000 to 25,000.
I just had a quick look and O2 and MEN are about 23,000 each* but the rest range from around 5,500 to 12,000.

They have previously sold out Earls Court 2 nights on the trot (2006) and that holds around 20,000+.

Albie said:
Looks like I will be visiting the O2 Arena for the first time ever.

And I'll see you there! I'll probably go to Newcastle as well - and then Sheffield on the way home (it'd be stupid not to) - and maybe one more.

national acrobat said:
And I'll see you there! I'll probably go to Newcastle as well - and then Sheffield on the way home (it'd be stupid not to) - and maybe one more.

Are you going to mainland Europe still, in case you're going to so many UK gigs?
If not, I'll be willing to join you in London. Sounds like a great plan anyway.

Forostar said:
Are you going to mainland Europe still, in case you're going to so many UK gigs?
If not, I'll be willing to join you in London. Sounds like a great plan anyway.

I'm still intending to attend at least one somewhere in Europe, see what gets announced and when. In truth, I'll probably only get the London ticket immediately and wait a while before getting others - so it's all up in the air anyway. It'd be great if you could make it London too.

If the plan of Florida gets fucked, I'd like to see them in O2.  :) Except if they do Paris, of course  B)

Congrats to all in the UK!!! Looks like i'll be going to Florida in the spring. Still hoping they squeeze in a Dance of the Death type N.A. tour. New York, Montreal, Quebec, L.A.    MSG please!!!!!  :notworthy:

@Perun: Third time?? Dude!

Speaking of which, these you-lucky-bastards Paris photos of the last time, shouldn't you move them in the photos' thread??
(with the permission of each one pictured of course)
It's an awesome souvenir and like this, it wouldn't be lost!

national acrobat said:
I'm still intending to attend at least one somewhere in Europe, see what gets announced and when. In truth, I'll probably only get the London ticket immediately and wait a while before getting others - so it's all up in the air anyway. It'd be great if you could make it London too.

I am not sure yet. 2 foreign Maiden gigs might be too expensive. If I have to choose between Paris (or some other European gig) and London, it will depend on where you and Per will go. I'd like to meet you both, so if you guys will do both gigs, I might prefer the European one.

Back