IRON MAIDEN SURVIVOR #7: Results -> Hallowed Be Thy Name wins for the 6th time!

I don't think that reaction is deserved or charitable - I expressed my gratitude and appreciation towards your efforts many times over, I tried to support it here on the forum, I tried to participate much more actively than in other games and actually supported decisions that you made - I don't think a single slightly critical insight that arose from the situation as it stands required this, but whatever, you do you, I guess.

But from this I take it the confusion is intentional as well. Okay.

Anyway, I got the hint, I'll go fuck myself in the meantime.

I know you wrote in your cup something about no corrections and no mercy towards mistakes and in this particular case (two games with opposite mechanics), I'm not sure it's the right way to go.

As far as the rules are stated there's no wrong. NP made it clear that errors will be corrected while LC that not. Keep in mind that LC drawn his inspiration from World Cup where self goals are real and count.

Well, when you run giant games, you can do it the way you want.

Oh com'on. This is so 1980s parental reply "when you'll have your own home you could <insert habit>"

I don't think that reaction is deserved or charitable - I expressed my gratitude and appreciation towards your efforts many times over, I tried to support it here on the forum, I tried to participate much more actively than in other games and actually supported decisions that you made - I don't think a single slightly critical insight that arose from the situation as it stands required this, but whatever, you do you, I guess.

But from this I take it the confusion is intentional as well. Okay.

Anyway, I got the hint, I'll go fuck myself in the meantime.
Yeah, I didn't mean that in like a negative way, just a quick response. Admittedly, a little frustration because there's always rules questions, but you're right in that you, specifically, are not usually that way. Thanks for the feedback and next time I'll try to plan it a little better.

Then again, planning around @Night Prowler to finish a game on time is impossible difficulty.

"Next time we go out to eat we should exclude pizza because pizza is too good to eat again."

If Hallowed keeps winning, it's because Maiden hasn't written a better song yet. Guess they'll have to keep trying!

OK, I'm really confussed now.
I voted for Powerslave as it is clearly and by a long way, better than Hallowed.
But now looking at the poll question, "Vote for your LEAST favorite song(s)"

Does this mean that my vote counts against Powerslave rather than for it?

I voted for Powerslave as it is clearly and by a long way, better than Hallowed.

Yes. Voting for Powerslave means you favor Hallowed more.

Bingo. Like at least 2 others of us (that we know of)

Hey, I voted wrong and I have no problem with it. It clearly said "LEAST" and it's only my fault that I didn't read it and didn't participate in last few weeks to get used to this kind of voting. And IIRC in one of the survivors (maybe last one) it was always "vote for your least favourite" until finals where it was "vote for your favourite" and people again got confused.

Hallowed wins again, so what? At least top 10 looks completely different.

Might as well pull the plug. Hallowed had no business being in the top 10 (imo of course), but it is one of the most iconic Maiden songs after all.

Rime didn't win, that's a small victory in my eyes.

Hey, I voted wrong and I have no problem with it. It clearly said "LEAST" and it's only my fault that I didn't read it and didn't participate in last few weeks to get used to this kind of voting. And IIRC in one of the survivors (maybe last one) it was always "vote for your least favourite" until finals where it was "vote for your favourite" and people again got confused.

Hallowed wins again, so what? At least top 10 looks completely different.

Yes but if Rules of the Game allow changing mistaken vote why not claiming your right?

Back