IRON MAIDEN SURVIVOR #7: Results -> Hallowed Be Thy Name wins for the 6th time!

Rime > Hallowed > Alex > Powerslave

Hallowed could switch places with Rime, maybe, but I think it’s like this.

Rime > Powerslave >>>>>>>>>> Hallowed >>>Alex

The first two I give a spin even in the periods when I don't listen to Maiden/metal in general. They are both musically and lyrically sublime. It's really not even close.

Not yet, baby, not yet. Jer, honey, how can you put Phantom and Running Free and Transylvania at 6 or lower, you seem like a pretty and intelligent creature. What's wrong with you my lovely?

What do you think about my voting? I'm sporadic and voting for songs in a perverse manner just for the sake of variety. Is that OK? For some reason I'd like a different result as opposed to a True result. Is that wrong? Jer, baby, am I being a douche?

Jer, honey, how can you put Phantom and Running Free and Transylvania at 6 or lower, you seem like a pretty and intelligent creature. What's wrong with you my lovely?
Um, I have good taste…?

For some reason I'd like a different result as opposed to a True result. Is that wrong? Jer, baby, am I being a douche?
Yes, but in the best possible way. You do you, Cat NiallKielt Supreme.

Um, I have good taste…?
No you do not, you absolute
Yes, but in the best possible way. You do you, Cat NiallKielt Supreme.
Outed! How very dare you?!

But yes yes yes, I shall do me and vote accordingly.

By the way, fuck all y'all for not having Infinite Dreams or Dance of Death in the Top 10 but aye, let's make Alexander our leader this time, our hero and our general, let him take us to the edge of our worlds and decide right there and right then if we wish to go further, cross the endless sea, rise to meet the next horizon, scale that distant peak, walk down that dark alley, smoke our next little smoke, drink our next little drink, be ourselves and be free, love and own our kin and our sin and know fo sho that there's not many other songs by many other bands that would crack this Top 10. Maybe Puppets and Land Down Under and Purple Rain. But that's it.

Oh, actually, Rocket Queen would make it. But that's it.

And I Wanna Be Somebody. And We Are The Road Crew. And Emerald. And Barbie Girl. I could go on. But I won't, I swear.

Hallowed and Rime are an all-time heavy metal classics.

Powerslave is up there too. The song ''screams'' Maiden.

Alexander is a unique song in the (classic) heavy metal.

In the end when you are competing with the very best lyrics matter.
And so Hallowed almost always wins.
Out of the three remaining songs Powerslave has the best lyrics and it’s not even close. Bruce took a simple story but there are layers to it that you don’t pick up on right away. Hallowed has strong lyrics but they’re also mostly stolen. L take.

Stolen or not doesn’t matter. Powerslave has good lyrics though too elegant while Hallowed ones are easier to relate to for most people which is what matters for a song to become a classic.

Back