IRON MAIDEN SURVIVOR #7: Results -> Hallowed Be Thy Name wins for the 6th time!

Oh well, here we go again:
  • Phantom Of The Opera
  • Caught Somewhere In Time
  • Paschendale
  • Fear Of The Dark

Fucking dumb.

Infinite Dreams
The Evil That Men Do
Revelations
Hallowed Be Thy Name

I’m confused. The 5-way tie for second place in the last round couldn’t be resolved by any of the established tiebreaking criteria?
It's not how it works. The Parchment had 13 votes. If the 5-way tie was at the top, and not for the 2nd place, I would've broken it.

It's not how it works. The Parchment had 13 votes. If the 5-way tie was at the top, and not for the 2nd place, I would've broken it.
Well, your own rules on page 1 say that 4 songs per round get eliminated at this stage, and then lays out tiebreaking rules to make those determinations. That sounds to me like you’d use those rules to decide which 4 get the axe, but whatever.

Fucking dumb.
QFT.

Voted for Aces High, The Evil That Men Do, The Book Of Souls and Hell On Earth.

It's getting much harder to choose what to vote for.

VWXiuO7.jpg

Eliminated after Round 38:
Brave New World - 11 votes
The Evil That Men Do - 9 votes
Paschendale - 9 votes
For The Greater Good Of God - 8 votes

"Hallowed Be Thy Name" is a great song, a perfect distillation of how amazing early Maiden was, has some fantastic riffs and killer vocals and is definitely worthy of being considered one of the very best tracks in metal history. At the same time, Maiden have improved and expanded upon the formula Steve was following here, and a lot of the epics that would come down the road, to me, eclipse this one. It's a little overrated but still a great song. Unfortunately all the weak songs have been eliminated at this point and so I've got to start cutting some throats.

The problem with "Revelations" is that the studio version is too clinical and sluggish and absolutely weaker than when it comes to life live. On LAD it's fantastic, and it feels weird listening back through the POM original when you get used to that one. So between that and, again, the fact that we're in the upper echelon of Maiden songs, it's time for "Revelations" to go. Bruce has also written much better songs since this first solo endeavor, one of which is still here and the others should be too. But noooo.

"Infinite Dreams" is a great Steve song and possibly the proggiest thing he's ever written. I don't like it as much as I used to, but it's still a great song. Again, it's time to axe some great songs. Same thing with "Ghost of the Navigator", great Janick monster but dammit, I like the others here more.

Back