IRON MAIDEN SURVIVOR 2015: Results - Hallowed wins again!

Satisfied

• Total voters
It's very interesting how every single song has between 3-7 votes, and yet no song has even 40% of the total votes. It just goes to show that there are so many awesome Maiden songs that there's not even any consensus on the best of the best! There are even songs that didn't even make the top 10 which can easily be argued deserve a spot with the elite. (Looking at you: 7th son, Legacy, and Starblind.)

In other news, I'm ecstatic that Book of Souls made the top 10 :edmetal:. This song absolutely deserves to be included with the best of the best.

I never in a million years would have guessed that Infinite Dreams would make the top 10. How far will this underdog climb?

I thought Infinite Dreams generally did well in these games? It's one of those 'OMG they never play it live, it's a hidden gem' sort of songs.

Infinite Dreams is probably Maiden's best progressive piece. It gets overlooked by the average fan, but hardcore fans absolutely adore it. Think of it as a reverse RTTH.

I never in a million years would have guessed that Infinite Dreams would make the top 10. How far will this underdog climb?

Hardly an underdog. Infinite Dreams is a perennial Top 10 song on this forum. Don't think it's ever been out of the Top 10 during my time on the forum.

Three songs from after 1988. Guess there's no reunion bias after all. :p

Infinite Dreams is probably Maiden's best progressive piece. It gets overlooked by the average fan, but hardcore fans absolutely adore it.
... and by the band too, unfortunately. :(

However, I don't follow you on it being a "reverse RTTH". This song is so good that it managed to reach out (reach ooooooooouuuuuuuuuuut) to the mainstream audience, a bit like "Smoke on the Water", to such extent that it is taken for granted by most fans. Still, make the experiment of NOT listening to it or to Maiden for a few months, and you will possibly be struck by its efficiency. ;) By the way, it is the same -I think- with "The Number of the Beast", especially when we get to hear other bands covering it. I've never found any good cover of this one, as far as I'm concerned, even by the bands that were bound to do a good job of it, at least on paper (Angra).

Last edited:
Back