IRON MAIDEN SURVIVOR 2015: Results - Hallowed wins again!

Satisfied

• Total voters
It's been hanging around for a long time, tallying votes and not justifying its promotion to the next phase.

9 votes for The Legacy???

what-the-f-tom-delonge.gif

How the Wickerman is still up is beyond me, I personally think it's a middling song in Maiden's entire lineup. I also do not care for Longest Day. My brain hurts... I need to lie down

These Colours Don't Run
Brighter Than a Thousand Suns
The Longest Day
For the Greater Good of God
The Legacy

Guess I'm not the biggest fan of AMOLAD

I always thought AMOLAD was popular in these parts. It'll be interesting to see how TFF does in this game now that enthusiasm will have been eclipsed by the newer album.

I always thought AMOLAD was popular in these parts. It'll be interesting to see how TFF does in this game now that enthusiasm will have been eclipsed by the newer album.

I'm shocked at how quickly AMOLAD is disappearing, too. As for TFF, it lost it's charm rather quickly for me and I think it might be my least favorite reunion album.

I still like TFF, but I get the impression that for most fans (and maybe even the band) it aged the worst of the reunion albums.

It definitely has aged the worst, which is truly saying something considering it's still a fairly recent release. I'm not sure what it is, but something about TFF just feels a little rushed and soulless. Still has 3-4 bloody great tracks, but underwhelming as a whole.

I'm shocked at how quickly AMOLAD is disappearing, too.
Well, look at what it is up against. The most popular songs from Powerslave, Seventh Son and Brave New World.
And the most popular AMOLAD songs, such as e.g. Brighter and These Colours, could hang on a little longer.

Yeah, it definitely makes sense. I guess the fact that a classic song like Aces High has more votes than most of AMOLAD is actually telling of its popularity.

It definitely has aged the worst, which is truly saying something considering it's still a fairly recent release. I'm not sure what it is, but something about TFF just feels a little rushed and soulless. Still has 3-4 bloody great tracks, but underwhelming as a whole.
In retrospect I can kind of see this, especially comparing TFF to TBOS. It almost seems like the band going through the motions and not really doing anything new (save for some stuff on IOA and Starblind).

On the other hand, I think it works as a culmination of the last 3 albums. I remember when the early reviews were coming in for it, most people were describing the songs by comparing them to other songs (Starblind to Lord of Light, Talisman to The Legacy).

Well, look at what it is up against. The most popular songs from Powerslave, Seventh Son and Brave New World.
And the most popular AMOLAD songs, such as e.g. Brighter and These Colours, could hang on a little longer.
For all they're generally considered popular, they haven't done well enough to get promoted. Aces, Rime and Seventh Son have been getting quite a few votes against them for ages

Soon, the Aces and Rime voters will stop. But I am curious how Seventh Son and The Evil will fair in the next round. Which of these will stick around the longest, I wonder. And how do they oppose the material from the other albums?

Back