IRON MAIDEN SURVIVOR 2015: Results - Hallowed wins again!

Satisfied

• Total voters
Looks like my vote was the last one, I tried to save powerslave, but...

Anyway, it was a good game, shame I couldn't participate on most of the latter stages...

Top Ten
1. Hallowed Be Thy Name

2. Powerslave
3. Rime of the Ancient Mariner
4. Phantom Of the Opera
5. Dance of Death
6. Infinite Dreams
7. Caught Somewhere in Time
8. The Book of Souls
9. Paschendale
10. Alexander the Great

List of all songs with number of votes and rounds survived:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/12-Bd0cu6-5e2iJoYPvXsYaKnf2fR9GfvGVg4Rkg5f98/edit?usp=sharing

Fun survivor as always. Wish we could've seen Empire of the Clouds or If Eternity Should Fail in the top ten instead of the supremely overrated CSIT. Top ten is fine, it's a nice variety and these are mostly among Maiden's best.

Thanks for playing!

Apart from the obvious addition of Book of Souls, are there any other songs there that haven't been top ten/top 20 in previous survivors?

Possibly Alexander the Great. I don't know about top 20 but I don't think it has ever been top ten.

Overall I'm satisfied. Hallowed and Powerslave are the best Maiden can get and a very solid top two, plus we managed to get a TBOS song in the top ten!

Still can't believe the support for CSIT and Alex around here, nor how Dance of Death made it to the top five. I love that song, but they have far better reunion-era material.

Thanks for hosting. I'm not satisfied, but that's hardly a surprise. Both Infinite and Phantom are way too high and #1 :facepalm:

Satisfied surely. I recently thought of my own top 10 for the first time and 5 of those made my top 10 and decent shout for the rest to make my top 20.
Just out of interest, anyone here who wouldnt have any single one of the top 10 in their own top 10? ie is anybody totally mental?

Thanks Mosh.
A big change this time, in that CSiT is not the only unworthy song in the top 10
A will be very surprised if Book of Souls repeats next time.

Next, singles and a sides survivor!

Overall I'm satisfied. Hallowed and Powerslave are the best Maiden can get and a very solid top two, plus we managed to get a TBOS song in the top ten!

Still can't believe the support for CSIT and Alex around here, nor how Dance of Death made it to the top five. I love that song, but they have far better reunion-era material.
I disagree with you wholeheartedly with CSIT and Alex but agree with the DOD comment. I feel most would agree.

Of all the modern Maiden epics I think it's the one that has the most broad appeal, which would explain its high ranking in the survivors. I don't think any other epic is as universally loved.

I guess I just never realized how many people loved it. Don't get me wrong, I love DOD, but it's certainly not their strongest reunion song (nor even their strongest reunion epic).

Maybe some people out here like good music. Guitar solos for example. :innocent:

I guess some people are capable of convincing themselves that a song is great simply because of good guitar solos, even though the rest is average. :innocent:

Back