Iron Maiden studio album 17 rumours and speculations

Status
Not open for further replies.
My prediction, after all these days, is:

a) 15/07 we get album name, cover, tracklist with song lengths and composers
b) Album is called Writings On The Wall
c) We get to know that Belshazzar's Feat is the name of the first single
d) The tower of the poster and the phrases in it are tied to the single cover, not necessarily the album
e) We get 19/07 as the release date of the single. It will come with some 3d clip just like The Final Frontier and Speed Of Light.
f) We may get a video (like a press release) with some quotes of the members about the album, how it was composed and stuff, with some excertps of, at least the single (just how we've got a 20-second excerpt of Speed Of Light a couple of days before it's release.
a) - agree on a 100%.
b) - nope, because I don't think they will reveal the album title on a poster for a Hits tour.
c) - nope (too un-Maidenish). Could be the subject matter for the lyrics of the single (WOTW), because they mean the same thing.
d) - it's possible... 50/50.
e) - agree. Not sure about the 3D clip.
f) - nope, because I think this kind of video (with band members discussing the creation of the album) usually comes after the release of it. Agree about a 20-second excerpt of the new single.
I am considering in this prediction that we are going to have a conceptual album.
With all these hints with the SSOASS album, why not?

The most comparable feeling i ever got to this was at the end of 2014.

We knew the band had been up to something in Paris and then, by Christmas, we had that "Uroton 15" on the Christmas card. Eddie was apparently running out from a studio with some tapes in his arms.

The announcement of the album itself was nothing special, but the whole anticipation, Bruce's cancer, knowing it was gonna be a double album, etc, made the first listen of the album feel like a goddamn event.

This time around the buildup is just incredible. There's a certain magic feeling in the air that i have never quite felt before.

Some things you just cannot explain, but for whatever reason i feel like this new album will be one of their very best. The anticipation being build right now with this whole campaign just feels... Special.

Also... UP THE IRONS!!!

All the speculation has been fun and I can't wait for July 15th. Still thinking(hoping?) we will get an album announcement along with cover and track listing (with time and writing credits) and information about a new single. Remember there is probably a video to go along with it. The hype is just too much for anything else.

All the speculation has been fun and I can't wait for July 15th. Still thinking(hoping?) we will get an album announcement along with cover and track listing (with time and writing credits) and information about a new single. Remember there is probably a video to go along with it. The hype is just too much for anything else.
It surely has been, like I've said it couple times already, this has been great and fun to follow, this is the special kinda thing and feeling I've missed for so long.

I remember Bruce saying about DOD album that he was happy overall even if not everything worked. I hope the extra year the guys had this time between recording and release will have given them a rare perspective on their possibly last album to make sure it only contains the strongest material. Whatever happens, I am hyped to shit. Also appreciating this might be the last butterflies in stomach waiting period for a new album. A special time......"call upon the starlight, to surround you.."

I think Thursday's announcement will be traditional: album title, cover art, some words from the band and management, finally - release date and single/video announcement. Probably we will see and hear new stuff on Monday.

As a fan of the band of over 33 years, the anticipation is killing me. Every new album from them does that to me. Partially that’s because with the rare exception, I think Maiden has gotten better and better over the years. I think they’re a better band now than they ever were and Book of Souls is in my top 5 Maiden albums. And so now we have this version of the band that was on fire the last couple of years on tour and this version has a new album. Could it be better than BoS? If their trajectory is the same, then yes, it can.

As the musicians they are better no doubt. I'm afraid about the production. BoS was decent to me but this time. I expect something better.

It is extraordinarily strange to assess the appeal of a major band based on those who don't like them.

I could write a very similar analysis of any major rock band (all the way to the gods like Zepplin and Sabbath). I'm not entirely sure what you are proving other than 'many people love Maiden, many others like them, and others still do like them at all'
Because the original conversation was about their popularity fading, others were of the opinion that their retro cool appeal was higher than ever. It might be in some places (esp the US), I think their popularity has declined in the UK.

If the new album was recorded in Dolby Atmos that could sound absolutely incredible
Hard pass on a stereo mixdown of a Dolby Atmos surround mix. Pass on a Dolby mix on a Dolby system as well. I really, really don't like the Dolby Atmos mix samples up on Dolby's site, with jumping panning and ozone audio-like processing. Regular stereo, thank you very much.

Hard pass on a stereo mixdown of a Dolby Atmos surround mix. Pass on a Dolby mix on a Dolby system as well. I really, really don't like the Dolby Atmos mix samples up on Dolby's site, with jumping panning and ozone audio-like processing. Regular stereo, thank you very much.
Fair enough, everyone has their own tastes and there is nothing wrong with that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back