Iron Maiden studio album 17 rumours and speculations

Status
Not open for further replies.
@RLonger - while I personally think your Chicken Little act is well overblown, I also think you're actively trying to sour the attitude of this forum, at what should be a time of joy.

Please stop. If you're interested in a statistic analysis of Iron Maiden's popularity, feel free to open a thread. If you continue to doom and gloom in here, you won't be around to discuss the 15/7 event.

Hi everyone, this is the first time I have posted on this forum although I have been reading you for a long time!

So, unless they release something later this evening, it looks like we'll only have one album cover today. What would be the point of creating so much hype with the 15th and the single not coming out until the 19th? In my opinion making a livestream to announce the release date of the single wouldn't make much sense but who knows.

Also, in the last picture published by Daniel it says "Special talk session & acoustic live show". Don't you think that could be a clue about what will happen on Thursday?

Hi everyone, this is the first time I have posted on this forum although I have been reading you for a long time!

So, unless they release something later this evening, it looks like we'll only have one album cover today. What would be the point of creating so much hype with the 15th and the single not coming out until the 19th? In my opinion making a livestream to announce the release date of the single wouldn't make much sense but who knows.

Also, in the last picture published by Daniel it says "Special talk session & acoustic live show". Don't you think that could be a clue about what will happen on Thursday?
As someone said here before, if they do something like an "evening with Maiden" with the band making the announcement and talking with the fans I will completely forget about their silence during the whole COVID crisis. And I agree with that as well, if they start posting twice a day today then it fits perfectly to the July 15th date, guess we have to wait. I was thinking about the announcement on July 15 and single release on July 19, but all of these livestream hints suggest otherwise.

Maiden are bigger than ever, but Metal music is bigger than ever.
Metallica and Rammstein are selling stadiums, Slipknot, Ghost, Nightwish, Sabaton and even fucking BabyMetal are selling big arenas.

I think that internet era in last 10 years really help metal music to grow popularity. Metal music is like hidden gem on YouTube, you can see on the reacation type videos that most populars videos are metal music videos.

Also now there are metal theme films, beer, whiskey, gaming, and t-shirts in regular dress shop. All these things are helping metal to grow and to become mainstream.

TBH - I will be happy with everything new as long as quality will be there. New album would be amazing but Live Box from NPFTD in HD and with great audio etc. would be mindblowing too.

TBH - I will be happy with everything new as long as quality will be there. New album would be amazing but Live Box from NPFTD in HD and with great audio etc. would be mindblowing too.

You're going much too far, imho...

Too many people here not believing in #IM17 to be announced in 4 days...

The fact you can even think all this hype and campaign is for a box-set regarding a studio album that came out 31 years ago is beyond me....

Exactly, their shows are great. Metallica is the mega star of music. Maiden comparing with them is a boring old school theatre.

I acknowledge Maiden stage criticism, I too believe as much as high end it is, same stage for 46 years is a bit dull, regardless of the quality and quantity of props and theming. Also, Bruce is widely known for stupid clothes, the band is known for merch promotion (wearing their own shirts on stage), the show is always in the same format (2 encores when?), and so on.

But Metallica is in the same league as far as some other idioms are concerned. They have a catwalk ffs.

Also, I don't care for the stage. Building visual worlds maybe their thing back then, but others have surpassed it. As Nicko confirmed, Rammstein is in another league. There are also far better live events to witness arena production, the sounds the flames the shakes, than metal.

Music is about the music. Give me good sound and I don't give a fuck what's on the backdrop and how's the stage designed. I have not been to Metallica gig but I can assure you the performance and sound of Nicko on LOTB, you won't get out of the Metallica gig. On the other hand Metallica has far larger guitar presence so if you're into riffing Metallica has this to offer.

You're going much too far, imho...

Too many people here not believing in #IM17 to be announced in 4 days...

The fact you can even think all this hype and campaign is for a box-set regarding a studio album that came out 31 years ago is beyond me....
Beyond me is you ability to read what I wrote. Where exactly I said that this will be live box? I will be happy with anything and that is what I've said.

BD had said during the book q and a's that aside from the empire of the clouds, an orchestra wouldn't work for maiden songs
generally i agree, but they used it really well on Paschendale - probably my fave modern Maiden song in terms of epics. it was done really well it augmenting the killer heavy guitars rather than (the usual in metal) the strings way out in front of everything in most metal/symphonic metal (which i don't care for). so well on ya Maidy

''Special talk session'' = announcing the new album and the release date of the single (on 19th or in August) with comments from the band...? Or they will release the single straight on 15/07 after the live stream event.

I doubt about acoustic live show - it seems odd in this situation. The whole Belshazzar's feast would be about the new album & single.

''Special talk session'' = announcing the new album and the release date of the single (on 19th or in August) with comments from the band...? Or they will release the single straight on 15/07 after the live stream event.

I doubt about acoustic live show - it seems odd in this situation. The whole Belshazzar's feast would be about the new album & single.
The acoustic show fits in with the theatre, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back