Iron Maiden studio album 17 rumours and speculations

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get a feeling that Bruce's brush with cancer has caused the band to contemplate on the "mortality" of the band, would a hits tour for the sake of it be time well spent when they prolong the gap between albums? I hope they have more than one more album left in them, but that becomes less likely if you are looking at a 4 or 5 year gap between albums.

I really feel Somewhere back in time should have been just a focus on Powerslave and LAD material.... 22 acacia avenue should have been played as Children should have too.... the more ideal 3rd history tour would have been SIT and SSOASS together.. using the GK250ML amps (they were used for both albums).... they should have played Infinite dreams, still life, CSIT, SOM and SIASL for sucks sake.... I mean, they are willing to pull a deep cut from FOTD for fuck's sake... why not a deep cut from an actually decent album? I'm still trying to get my head round the Infinite Dreams being replaced by ATSS..... :facepalm: even 5 years later.... it's almost like they don't know their fans anymore... if they are looking for what is popular and going to commercial sites for set list ideas, we are screwed up until the day they retire

With all the speculations i really think that they already planned to enter the studio the next year, it seems they don't care about another classics tour and a reunion themed setlist doesn't sound very profitable

Just wondering why a 90s or 00s themed tour wouldn't be profitable? Are we saying there would be no demand for tickets? I think maiden fans would go in their droves. I travelled abroad in 2013 and 2014 to see a tour that I didn't see the point of. There's plenty like me out there.

Just wondering why a 90s or 00s themed tour wouldn't be profitable? Are we saying there would be no demand for tickets? I think maiden fans would go in their droves. I travelled abroad in 2013 and 2014 to see a tour that I didn't see the point of. There's plenty like me out there.

90's NA tour would be a commercial suicide. They could still pull off some kind of European festivals tour, but still with Steve saying that the Blaze songs are gone for good, I can't see them focusing on just NPFTD and FOTD.

+ 90's tour wouldn't be visually atractive. At least ME and SBIT had interesting stage setups. 90's tour would only feature a wall of Marshalls (and Yngwie would get jealous and sue Maiden).

Yeah and I can't see Adrian just chugging away at the back while the other two take all the solos.

Adrian would get to play at least TNOTB, Trooper and another 3 80's classsic songs, because they would still play them, knowing how accurate they are with their sets.

They could do a 90's set no problem. Fear of the Dark and Afraid to Shoot Strangers are classics and go down well with all fans. Add Bring Your Daughter, The Clansman, Futureal and Sign of the Cross and the rest could be from the 80's. It would be a mix good enough for most fans IMO.

They could do a 90's set no problem. Fear of the Dark and Afraid to Shoot Strangers are classics and go down well with all fans. Add Bring Your Daughter, The Clansman, Futureal and Sign of the Cross and the rest could be from the 80's. It would be a mix good enough for most fans IMO.

Obviously you didn't see a part of Steve's interview, where he said that Blaze songs probably won't be included in the sets anymore and that he would rather form a new side project with Blaze to play those if he had time.

Obviously you didn't see a part of Steve's interview, where he said that Blaze songs probably won't be included in the sets anymore and that he would rather form a new side project with Blaze to play those if he had time.
To be fair, I don't think he was saying that Maiden would never play a Blaze song again, just that the Blaze side project would hypothetically be a way to play those Blaze songs that Maiden obviously won't be playing.

I still think it's very possible that Sign of the Cross or the Clansman could return some day.

Maybe the next tour will be like a band typical Summer tour, the songs that they always play, songs that they haven't played in a while and maybe a never played before. Is not necessary to label it like the history from 86/89 or Legacy of the beast, maybe like the Give me ed Tour.

He was referring to British Lion

Here's what Steve said:
Would you ever consider taking some tracks that Maiden would never do, such as ‘Burning Ambition’ for example, and dropping them into the British Lion set?
No, I mean, I think it would be all too easy to do that, and maybe even songs from the Blaze years which may never see the light of day with Maiden again. People ask me that question, and yeah, on one hand, but I think, if I did that, I’d have to do a third project. I wouldn’t want to do it with this, because this is a totally different thing, and it’s more rock and roll than metal anyway, and I think those songs, if I did it, maybe I’d get Blaze or someone to do it with; I don’t know, it’s not something I particularly have the time to do, or have the inclination right now anyway! But if you’re thinking about it, I think that would be the way to go, rather than doing it with this, because this is a totally separate entity; I don’t think it really would be right to do it with this anyway.
http://www.eonmusic.co.uk/steve-harris-eonmusic-interview-august-2017.html

Interpret Steve's answer in the context of the question. He was asked about playing "tracks that Maiden would never do" with British Lion. I think we can put songs as Fortunes of War, Lightning Strikes Twice or The Edge of Darkness in that window, together with Burning Ambition, Strange World, Invaders etc, but not necessarily a track like The Clansman, which was included on Rock In Rio, 2 compilation albums and 4 consecutive tours.

Anyway, a song that Blaze recorded vocals on for a demo back in 1997 was in the set this year.

Last edited:
90's NA tour would be a commercial suicide. They could still pull off some kind of European festivals tour, but still with Steve saying that the Blaze songs are gone for good, I can't see them focusing on just NPFTD and FOTD.

+ 90's tour wouldn't be visually atractive. At least ME and SBIT had interesting stage setups. 90's tour would only feature a wall of Marshalls (and Yngwie would get jealous and sue Maiden).
The FOTD tour Eddies were very impressive. The walking but also the big one with the hands. Much better than the stuff they fill with air (!) these days.

90's tour would only feature a wall of Marshalls (and Yngwie would get jealous and sue Maiden).

Why would it? They came up with a new stage design for The Early Days, don't see why they couldn't for a 90's tour. Also, SBIT and ME weren't carbon copies of the World Slavery and Seventh Tour designs. They borrowed the concepts, but the designs themselves were different. There's enough you could do based on the NPFTD/FOTD artworks, let alone X Factor. That was a great stage.

1990-5.jpg

They could easily bring back Fear of the Dark Eddie in a Legacy of the Beast set!

Here's what Steve said:

http://www.eonmusic.co.uk/steve-harris-eonmusic-interview-august-2017.html

Interpret Steve's answer in the context of the question. He was asked about playing "tracks that Maiden would never do" with British Lion. I think we can put songs as Fortunes of War, Lightning Strikes Twice or The Edge of Darkness in that window, together with Burning Ambition, Strange World, Invaders etc, but not necessarily a track like The Clansman, which was included on Rock In Rio, 2 compilation albums and 4 consecutive tours.

Anyway, a song that Blaze recorded vocals on for a demo back in 1997 was in the set this year.

What song a your referring to?

Also AFAIK the TBOS tour set was, for the first time, choosen mainly by Bruce and not Steve, who stated that it's better for the singer to choose songs he'd like to sing at this stage of their career. If they continue like that, I doubt that Bruce will choose any Blaze songs (apart from The Clansman) to sing.

I'd say that there is higher chance of them playing Killers (one of Bruce's favourite Maiden songs that he didn't sing on), than any song from Blaze period that isn't Clansman.

I don't understand why it would be commercial suicide? I'm sure there are fans in NA that would love to hear songs off NPFTD and FOTD? The band could breathe new life into them. I think the band focus too much on the commercial side. Im fed up with them trying to flog me another maiden beer. Freshen up the set list and I'll happily sup on another Trooper beer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back