Iron Maiden studio album 17 rumours and speculations

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe it’s a guitar synth on the original record, that’s why it sounds so processed.
If I remember correctly... There were no guitar synths on SSOASS. Only keys played by H and 'Arry.

Regarding Moonchild intro... It sounds to me like a synth loop with delays. Overprocessing could be the result of changing the tempo (AFAIK H's demo was in a completely different tempo a d they had a lot of problems changing it).

If I remember correctly... There were no guitar synths on SSOASS. Only keys played by H and 'Arry.

Regarding Moonchild intro... It sounds to me like a synth loop with delays. Overprocessing could be the result of changing the tempo (AFAIK H's demo was in a completely different tempo a d they had a lot of problems changing it).
No notes in the booklet on guitar synths what I can see, so could be right. Wished they’d played it like they do now with Adrian on guitar with a delay. The synth thing sounds just out of place to me, but great song despite that little wrinkle

Liner notes credits H with Lead and Rhythm Guitars, Synth and Steve with Bass, String Synth.

Can I Play with Madness solo sounds like synth to me as well, at least the last phrase before the pick scratching etc.

Liner notes credits H with Lead and Rhythm Guitars, Synth and Steve with Bass, String Synth.

Can I Play with Madness solo sounds like synth to me as well.
Can I Play is most probably some 80’s harmonizer/pitch shifter FX going on. Sounds a bit like the Rocktron Intellifex rack unit I had years and years ago.

Can I Play is most probably some 80’s harmonizer/pitch shifter FX going on. Sounds a bit like the Rocktron Intellifex rack unit I had years and years ago.
Yeah...

But if there is guitar synth on SSOASS... It's the CIPWM solo. Nothing else.

Coincidentally... CIPWM was the only song H used a synth equipped guitar on live (in 1988). But still... Guitar synth just seemed like a doubling effect during the solo. Nothing else.

Let's put it this way.

I MIGHT KNOW NEW ALBUM'S RELEASE DATE.

But I can't give you the source, or the person who told the news and "leaked" it might get in Smallwoodian troubles...

I can just tell you it's a musician of a well-known band. A trustworthy source.

You wanna know the date?
I think it's 99,9% legit.

I would be cautious - the closer to 15th, the more such news and leaks will appear. But if you can give it - why not. If you're right, I officially take back everything I said before.

Let's put it this way.

I MIGHT KNOW NEW ALBUM'S RELEASE DATE.

But I can't give you the source, or the person who told the news and "leaked" it might get in Smallwoodian troubles...

I can just tell you it's a musician of a well-known band. A trustworthy source.

You wanna know the date?
I think it's 99,9% legit.
You already told too much about the source...

Just tell us, no additional questions asked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back